Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

9-11

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I was homeschooling 4 of my kids and we were at the library. When i heard about the first plane (on the radio), I thought it was a fluke and just a "normal" airplane crash. When the 2nd plane hit, we raced home to turn on the TV, then I went and got my oldest daughter out of school.

I wanted everyone home with me.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I was sitting on a friends front porch talking with him. A very sad day for America. Sometimes I wonder if this country really learned much that day. I still see people come into this country every day and get free everything. Where will the American free lunch end.

On a good note, today is my wife's birthday.

Today is my wife's birthday also!!!

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I was sitting on a bench on the quad in my junior year of college. A Production Operations Management class had let out early and I was admiring what a beautiful early fall day it was in NEOH. Crystal clear skies. Walking into Ancient Greek Philosophy at 930 kids were talking about the 1st plane. TV's were setup and classes cancelled after that time block.

Terrible day in our Nations history.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was working out of the house. Didn't get much done that day. In the guard at the time too. Wife 3cm dilated with our first child. Ready to pop anytime. Drilled that weekend. The pride, salutes, thumbs up, blowing kisses,etc, as I drove an old deuce down the road was overwhelming. The pride brought tears to my eyes. I'd like to know where it is today? Godspeed to our men and women in uniform currently. I could not do what they are doing. I could not serve under the greatest terrorist our nation faces: The President. We are in a sad place as a nation, but are a strong country. We CAN overcome the last 8yrs. The last 15yrs.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I was on duty at the firehouse that day, As we all sat there and watched in the day room in disbelief. We were sure that our brothers and sisters would get it done! Why because that's what we do, as the towers fell a complete silence fell over the station. Instantly our lives had changed, the fire service changed, We as Americans had changed.

Today 15 years later, I climbed 110 flights for those that gave the ultimate sacrifice!

With me I carried Gregory Saucedo and Terence McShane.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I remember it like it was yesterday. Second period, junior year of high school. Teacher turned on the news and not long after we watched live as the second plane hit the tower. I'd never felt anything like that before, and hope I never do again. I worked that night at Burger King (Turnpike plaza) and it was incredibly strange... the uneasiness among everyone was intense. Very surreal.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I was on duty at the firehouse that day, As we all sat there and watched in the day room in disbelief. We were sure that our brothers and sisters would get it done! Why because that's what we do, as the towers fell a complete silence fell over the station. Instantly our lives had changed, the fire service changed, We as Americans had changed.

Today 15 years later, I climbed 110 flights for those that gave the ultimate sacrifice!

Great stuff John! Well done!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
We were building the new administration building at the college of Wooster. We started hearing bits and pieces of it around 9 am. By 9:30, almost the entire jobs site was at a small diner up the road watching it on the t.v. we did eventually go back to work, but nobody stayed all day, we all wanted to be with our families.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville

Thats really cool, dude

Blan37

SW Ohio

Way to honor their memory, John. Hats off to you, and may they rest in peace.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I was working a night shift in Cincinnati jacking up the over pass bridge( Euclid Ave) over 1-71. Got to our motel room and cracked open a beer to watch the Today show and catch the weather before crashing. Saw the first plane crashed into the 1st tower! I immediately said "we are being attacked"! One of my co workers said, "yeah right"? Then moments later the 2nd one struck. He then said, "I think your right"! A sobering sight that I will NEVER forget.
God Bless America and thoughts and prayers to those families affected by that tragic day.