Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

55 gallon barrel wood stove

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Bro I wanted to put a wood burner in my garage and my insurance would flat out drop me if I did so. But my garage is attached to my house, detached or pull barn I would have it burning as we speak. If you have a attached garage be careful.

Its detached...im good, lol

MoonLab

Supporting Member
Tooville
Im gonna go ahead tomorrow too pick up the 55 gallon barrel at rural king $20 and the kits at tractor supply $47.99 to go with it so that my BIL and i can get starting on this week at some point.

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Do yourself a favor....Get the 2 barrell kit as well. You will use much less wood to heat your garage. A lot of your heat goes out the pipe on a single barrel. The second barrel is a heat exchange and really helps to utilize the heat. I have a 20' fan behind mine and am extremely happy with the whole set up. One thing to keep in mind though: The top barrel needs to have a removable lid (towards the back of stove). Makes bolting the 2 stoves together much easier.

I started out with a one barrel and upgraded.

MoonLab

Supporting Member
Tooville
Do yourself a favor....Get the 2 barrell kit as well. You will use much less wood to heat your garage. A lot of your heat goes out the pipe on a single barrel. The second barrel is a heat exchange and really helps to utilize the heat. I have a 20' fan behind mine and am extremely happy with the whole set up. One thing to keep in mind though: The top barrel needs to have a removable lid (towards the back of stove). Makes bolting the 2 stoves together much easier.

I started out with a one barrel and upgraded.

Got a picture of it?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
20170131_164955_001.jpg

This stove has been in use for 20 years.