Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

45/70 lever revolution

Floki

Just figured I would drop this here. Picked up a new box 325 grain lever revolution

9B668CDA-883B-4C62-935A-821FAA93BE48.jpeg
7539E201-D6B8-4132-851A-6C72FBF5A090.jpeg
Top box is the old box bottom is new. Did they switch powder or something. What’s going on?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Looks like they dropped the fps by 50 and threw out a 200 yard zero instead what appears to be a 150 yard zero.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Weird. I used the original guideline for my sight in several years ago and found it to be accurate regarding drop at 200.

Chass

The Hills
Different lot and different 0". I bet if you chrono that box you will have a bigger variation than 50fps. My guess is they updated the box and put the most up to date data on it from the last test they did.

Reactions: Floki

Floki

Different lot and different 0". I bet if you chrono that box you will have a bigger variation than 50fps. My guess is they updated the box and put the most up to date data on it from the last test they did.

I was sorta baffled by the zero. If they dropped the FPS by 50 how is the drop less at both 200 and 300?

Yet only 2.5 higher at a 100?

Chass

The Hills
It's all about that zero point, changes the angle the scope is at. Helps to look at a drawing and some examples of bullet arc to make sense of the physics. It's not the fps making that change, it's that zero point distance. Rate of change once the projectile is falling is going to be nearly the same which is shown.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's all about that zero point, changes the angle the scope is at. Helps to look at a drawing and some examples of bullet arc to make sense of the physics. It's not the fps making that change, it's that zero point distance. Rate of change once the projectile is falling is going to be nearly the same which is shown.

Yep. It looks like their old zero was around 150. Marketing probably bumped it to 200 to compete with the 350 and other new rounds.

Reactions: Floki

Floki

Right on. Guess I’ll have to run a couple through the chamber and see what happens Tomorrow. See what I need to do.

Floki

I wonder also if Nikon will leave there site for their scopes and zeroing them in? Or if they will do away with that as well. Seeing they are going out of business on scopes?