Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2023 bow season

I feel your pain, especially watching them from my house and knowing how close they are and how big they're getting. :rolleyes: There are 11 bucks that I have photos of and 4 of them are already out past their ears. 😵

I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to put several stands out and not be concerned about them being stolen. :) The only time I'll leave a stand is in the evening, when I know I'm coming back in the morning. Otherwise, the stand is either on my back or I'm in it. Another reason why I like my tree saddle, but my Summit Viper gets its' share of use too. I just can't get comfortable with leaving a stand for it to get stolen. :unsure:

Reactions: Big_Holla

Wiley E Coyote

I feel your pain, especially watching them from my house and knowing how close they are and how big they're getting. :rolleyes: There are 11 bucks that I have photos of and 4 of them are already out past their ears. 😵

I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to put several stands out and not be concerned about them being stolen. :) The only time I'll leave a stand is in the evening, when I know I'm coming back in the morning. Otherwise, the stand is either on my back or I'm in it. Another reason why I like my tree saddle, but my Summit Viper gets its' share of use too. I just can't get comfortable with leaving a stand for it to get stolen. :unsure:
I hunt private land that's pretty safe. Never had a problem luckily

Wiley E Coyote

Just after labor day I'll start hanging. I don't like them out in the elements any longer than necessary. My area is all wooded. I'll hunt acorns till Halloween then scrapes and travel funnels in November. When I hunt at my house in Warren county it's field edges or a bait pile. "The Golden Scrape" hunting in the woods are now just about impossible with the bush honeysuckle.

I just got pushed back to Sept. 30th, with a knee surgery. :rolleyes: The Doc says no climbing trees for about 3 weeks. This will put me completely out of the DSA area hunting, for the early season.
Surgery is this Tuesday, the 22nd. I want to get it done, so I can get to recovering and rehab. I've been practicing all summer with my ILF recurve and can't wait to get in the woods. I will be working hard as the doc will allow, to get recovered and back in the trees. 💯