Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2022 Youth Season

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
My brother will be out with his stepson. They're going to be in the blind where we have the most pictures of the deer we've nicknamed "Cow-ass". He's also seen some other really nice ones in the field right next to the blind.

I was going to do a ladder stand but with the weather forecast am going to a building blind with the buddy heater. My son wants his iwom and I'm packing in my lightweight backpacking stove to make him a hot breakfast.

0500 will come early but I'm looking forward to it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My brother will be out with his stepson. They're going to be in the blind where we have the most pictures of the deer we've nicknamed "Cow-ass". He's also seen some other really nice ones in the field right next to the blind.

I was going to do a ladder stand but with the weather forecast am going to a building blind with the buddy heater. My son wants his iwom and I'm packing in my lightweight backpacking stove to make him a hot breakfast.

0500 will come early but I'm looking forward to it.
Good luck too you and your brother, Doug. Hopefully both kids connect!

Reactions: Hedgelj

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Good luck too you and your brother, Doug. Hopefully both kids connect!
We're only looking for bucks, we don't want to deal week the processing otherwise. Both boys will have opportunities during gun season to drop does.

His boy hasn't shot a buck so any mature 8pt or greater will get lead slung (he running a savage 220 in 20 ga), my son it has to be mature and bigger than his 8 from last year but there are a few running around that fit the bill, he's running a suppressed 450 bm AR15.

Bowkills

Nw oh
We are going to do something. not sure how long she will take the cold . Oldest daughter is 13 agreed to go out with me. Best chance for us is a 8acre woodlot thats pretty open with 80 acres of still standing corn next to it. She will be wearing my gear and probly be curled up in a sleeping bag and blanket before daylight. I was going to get our hut and heater ready today but decided the standing corn is where we need to try. No deer is safe.