Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2022 Shed Hunting

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Got out for a little while today and found 2 more.
20220221_095209.jpg
20220221_084345.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I walked 5.75 miles today in my best spot. Nice long south facing slope with several benches. Found my one and only shed about 5 miles in. I agree it’s still a tad early but we just don’t have the buck numbers in the areas I have permission to walk.
385B2D55-F02B-425D-A6CD-7345E84F80A3.jpeg
C2A6E95F-3BBF-4B79-B19F-192977303353.jpeg

The bottom pic is from the angle I spotted it at about 10 yards further away. It taped at 51.5”. Nice young deer with some Poe.👍🏻

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Buck was so embarrassed of what he had to wear this past year that he tried to waffle stomp it! Tyler prolly caught the other one before it hit the ground and has had it sitting on his coffee table for several weeks.😂

Seriously though Mike, great eye!👍🏻

Reactions: Spencie

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Buck was so embarrassed of what he had to wear this past year that he tried to waffle stomp it! Tyler prolly caught the other one before it hit the ground and has had it sitting on his coffee table for several weeks.😂

Seriously though Mike, great eye!👍🏻
I just hopped out of the buggy and the ivory color caught my eye. I used to hunt arrowheads a lot so maybe that helped. I’m also built close to the ground.
I put a tape to it….22 1/8”. lol I’m impressed that he has that many points already. He’s ahead of the spikes and fork horns.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I know a few people who drive the roads and stop on the side near a field and will glass the field, then move up a bit and glass it again. Some do pretty well using this method. They’ll cover lots of miles and will hit the same places over and over.

Reactions: Boarhead

Big Weff

Athens
I probably average 100 miles of back roads a day which helps haha. Also ag fields are a lot fewer between down here so they are a focal point. Any 10 acre corn field around here bordering a 100 acre wood lot is going to traffic alot of deer, therefore I slow down around them. Also I don’t carry binos to glass fields a little at a time 😂