Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017 Random shed thread

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Tried to take a small walk to stretch my back today. Bad idea. Back isn't ready for it yet. Pulled a couple cards. One card filled up a week ago but had a nice one or two still carrying. The other card I screwed up. Hit the format button before switching cards. Was on the phone jawing. Back was hurting. Distracted myself. Screwed up. I am an idiot. Oh well.
Dang Phil.... hope you get well soon!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks Ric and Ron. I actually do feel a lot better. Just not quite to the point I can do much standing or walking yet. One day at a time. Maybe I'll take the UTV out and cover some field edges so I don't have to walk it all.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This has to be the one I have been seeing from the road. Solid deer. I said low to mid 130's and saw him from 500-600yds away while driving 45mph. I don't think I am too far off. Likely 3.5yr old. Possibly a hoss of a 2.5yr old. Doubt he gets a pass next year with the bow in hand. He will be pushing 140 as a main frame 8pt although he has 9pts and a tiny 10th point. If the g4's sprout out to 3-5" each, the brows, g1, and g2s put on an inch or two each, and he continues to add mass. . . .Solid 140s next year I would think. Those g1 and g2's are probably in the 8-10" range now and the brows are 5 ish.

EK000358.jpgEK000367.jpg

Yep. This is why I am not finding many antlers. Roughly half of them are still holding. Or at least holding one side. I even have a spike holding one side.

IMG_0009.jpgIMG_0099.jpgIMG_0022.jpg

Took my daughter with me tonight to swap cards. Drove the Jeep as close as i could and walked the rest of the way. Made it doable. Quality time with my daughter as well. Guess I need to keep healing up this back so I can do some real walking and shed hunting soon.