Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017 Hunt Trips?

teej89

NE PA
results are june 1st, put in for a group draw with a guy who has a lot of preference points, I don't know if that makes a difference, we are literally camping at the base of a mountain for a week, I'm so excited to do this,

Good luck in the draw! I'm waiting for all my refund checks to come back fro CO, Elk, Deer, and antelope.

We drew our MT big game combo tags, first time they've sold out in years, must have something to do with the winter kill in CO and WY and the world record elk taken last september in MT, it's like the perfect storm

teej89

NE PA
apparently something went flukey in the CO drawing, I'd double check in a couple hours just to make sure

Bigcountry40

apparently something went flukey in the CO drawing, I'd double check in a couple hours just to make sure

i called im good to go! gmu 62 we literally hunt the southwest border right up against 61, I know thats a very pressured unit, but the area we are in is typically pretty hot,

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

My nephew is out in Colorado right now and just sent me these pics. Florence and Westcliffe is where these were taken.

Last edited:

Bigcountry40

That one mule deer looks like it'll be a stud!

awesome pics, cant wait to get into those western pines, life goals include killing an elk, muley and pronghorn. Don't care if they are "trophies", just want the experience would love to do a hunt where I have to ride in/out horse back!

teej89

NE PA

lol oh man... you'll be hooked, get ready to be studying draw odds, purchasing an absurd amount of camping/packing gear and every january trying to figure out which animal you want to hunt and in what state lmao lmao lmao

I started 2 years ago and I love it! Used to spend a week of vacation hunting whitetails in the rut now all 3 weeks of my vacation are for two different trips out west. We're already planning 2018 lol