Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2016 morels

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish

Delaware county

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
My buddy found a few yellows in stark county today. I ran into a mushroom hunter that was trespassing on the farm I hunt, didn't know he was trespassing until after I called the landowner and he was long gone.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Hopefully after his encounter with you he won't come back. Too bad he got away with it, though.
I hope not, 2 longbeards were heading in the direction he was going so he probably boogered them up. Fugger had a sack with about 8 greys in it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I just spent the weekend at AEP fishing, turkey hunting and this time around, looking for morels. I made it a point to find my first ever morel and when I did, it sent chills down my spine! Was a fun time. It was amazing how many people were out there looking for them. I ended up finding 4 total, harvested 3 and my buddy also found his first ever. Lots of fun and did they ever taste good sauteed in butter with ramps and backstrap!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Way to go Jesse! Nice double.

Found some jumbos this morning while turkey hunting. Usually these are the ones that come up at the end of season. The medium yellows just didn't pop this year.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462140276.241490.jpg

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Found my first two today, looked like they had been up for maybe 3 days, I know they were not there last sunday.
These were under an apple tree about 8 feet from the curb inside the city limits of Youngstown. I spotted them from the truck as I was successfull there a couple years ago.

Moral of the story, european immigrants planted apples, pear trees, peaches, plums in their yards in the city. A lot of their old houses have been bulldozed in the inner city yet the fruit trees still exist on vacant lots. If you have a motorcycle, you can cover a lot of city streets.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I found 4 on Friday along a retired, overgrown railroad bed. I literally found 1 about 10 feet from where I parked, and thought "game on". Wrong again. I think we need a little warm snap to get them up. Never found anything in the woods. We did have a blast, as I took my 5 year old boy and my almost 4 year old nephew. They found more toads than mushrooms, and had a blast hopping dead trees

Blan37

SW Ohio
I went to the farm today with two of my boys & the ATV. Thought for sure today they'd be up. We didn't find any morels, but we had fun.

I did find a couple bunches of these, though. Anyone know what it is?

IMG_0911.jpg