Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2014 Football Journal

Buckmaster

Portage
Mr. Fullback

Attachments

• Fullback.jpg
    Fullback.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 56

Buckmaster

Portage
A defensive standoff this past Sunday.

It ended in a 0-0 tie after Overtime.

Our defense has given up 8 points over the past 3 games.

Our offense? Where's it at?

Buckmaster

Portage
We finished Sunday's game at Jack Lambert Stadium with an easy 26-13 win.
We began putting in our subs in the 2Q as we had a 20-0 lead.
All the boys played equal minutes in this game. A relief to coaches, families, and players.

Our next 2 games to finish the season out will be tough games for us. 5 more practices and 2 games left and our season will be completed.

Here's my son (26) implementing a full back pitch to the right. He makes it around the end, stiff arms this guy in the face, runs 60 yards down the sideline, then gets tackled from behind at the 4 yard line. Hadn't I burnt him out deer hunting all weekend I bet he would of otherwise made it into the end zone. I tease him about running out of gas. For a big boy he runs pretty well.

Attachments

• Stiff Arm.jpg
    Stiff Arm.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 55

Schu72

Streetsboro
We moved to a new league after last years fiasco. Finished the season 4-2 and was the 5 seed in the "A" bracket of a 19 team league. The boys fought their way to a tough 30-22 win yesterday to make the championship game next Sunday!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We moved to a new league after last years fiasco. Finished the season 4-2 and was the 5 seed in the "A" bracket of a 19 team league. The boys fought their way to a tough 30-22 win yesterday to make the championship game next Sunday!

Good deal, how's the wrist doing?

Schu72

Streetsboro
Good deal, how's the wrist doing?

I'm in a removable splint, but am supposed to be wearing it 24/7. Next check up is on Nov 2nd. Hoping to get the thumbs up to start therapy and go to part time splint. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Buckmaster

Portage
Football Mighty Mite season is officially over. We finished the season yesterday with final 2-4-1 record.
I'm proud of all the boys. They played well this year. I really like the fact our 2 kindergarten boys stuck it out all year long. Its tough being that small and naïve.
They will be better off for it. Next year, myself and about a dozen boys graduate to the Junior Varsity level.

I now have time for one week of exterior house work to get ready for winter before our upcoming time change. Then my life turns from dark to dark on both ends of the spectrum while engulfed in work. In ten days its officially bow hunting season for me. Oh yeah, first basketball practice is tonight however I'm not coaching that this year.

Final action photos. Brendan #26 being chased down on a 30 yard scamper by 3 Bombers. And lastly, Coach Ben (me) offering some pregame advice to my son, #26.
Brendan Windham 10-25-15.jpgCoach Ben and Brendan Windham Game 10-25-15.jpg

Last edited:

Buckmaster

Portage
The 2016 season is here. We're currently 1-1 in Junior Varsity youth league play.

Year # 4 now and 3rd grade. We're growing up way TOO fast!

Attachments

• Football 2016.jpg
    Football 2016.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 56