Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

14 People killed at movie premier

buckstar25

T-county
It is disgusting and I agree with everything said, but I also blame the mainstream media for a lot of this type of thinking, ultimately it falls squarely on the shoulders of the individuals. I can't imagine walking in to see a movie and seeing what those poor people witnessed! A life changing event for all involved. If anyone saw the pic of the kid, was that after the shooting? He is smiling......no amount of protection should be offered to him, turn the dogs loose on him.

buckstar25

T-county
And another thing, to the idiot that put batman looking down out of the clouds in a memorial type e-card needs thrown in the cell with the creep! People are amazing!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
but I also blame the mainstream media for a lot of this type of thinking,

BINGO!!!!

I just saw the movie "bowling for columbine" the other night. If you havent seen it, you should.
The question is, Why do these problems only exist in the U.S.? There are plenty of other countries that have guns, violent movies, violent video games, Heavy metal music.....
The difference is, This country has a reputation of reacting with violence. Shoot first ask questions later. Compound that problem with a goverment that is out for itself and not its people, a frustrated population that is seriously economically divided, A soft justice system where the perpetrater has more rights than the victims, and a media that glamorizes it and forces it in our faces. Take any town in the U.S., At the same time you have some one get murdered, and someone save a dozen children from a burning orphanage. I would bet a paycheck that the murder is the top story, and you will hear about the orphanage after the commercial.

Its a terrible tragedy. Unfortunately it is becoming an all to familiar story, and to a point. We are becoming numb to these types of things. I agree with the sentiment that there should be no Lengthy trial at taxpayer expense, followed by a long expesive appeal process, again at taxpayer expense. Only to have the guy end up spending the rest of his life on the taxpayer tit. A pay per view execution would save a lot of public money as well as generate revenue that could be donated to the victims families.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
BINGO!!!!

I just saw the movie "bowling for columbine" the other night. If you havent seen it, you should.
The question is, Why do these problems only exist in the U.S.? There are plenty of other countries that have guns, violent movies, violent video games, Heavy metal music.....
The difference is, This country has a reputation of reacting with violence. Shoot first ask questions later. Compound that problem with a goverment that is out for itself and not its people, a frustrated population that is seriously economically divided, A soft justice system where the perpetrater has more rights than the victims, and a media that glamorizes it and forces it in our faces. Take any town in the U.S., At the same time you have some one get murdered, and someone save a dozen children from a burning orphanage. I would bet a paycheck that the murder is the top story,

Winner winner chicken dinner! You nailed it Dante.and you will hear about the orphanage after the commercial.

Its a terrible tragedy. Unfortunately it is becoming an all to familiar story, and to a point. We are becoming numb to these types of things. I agree with the sentiment that there should be no Lengthy trial at taxpayer expense, followed by a long expesive appeal process, again at taxpayer expense. Only to have the guy end up spending the rest of his life on the taxpayer tit. A pay per view execution would save a lot of public money as well as generate revenue that could be donated to the victims families.

Another thought as to why we have the highest rate of incarceration. Many countries this news does not make the media. Local police track down the guy, beat him to death, drop a couple chunk of lead in his head and throw him in the canal or city dump. Not in America. We want to "rehabilitate." Sorry folks. Some things cannot be fixed. Other countries have lower incarceration rates for two reasons: 1)They simply execute offenders such as this guy after a swift trial (if he even gets a trial). 2) Penalties are so harsh it has become a strong deterrent for others to ever think of mimicking his actions.

customizer1000 said:
And I agree, kill those jackasses, don't feed them, give them degrees and cable! Firing squad!! Or hang em!
customizer1000,
Hold on a second...stop the press and wait just a dog gone minute. Killing them is just a waste of money.
There's a market for organ donors. :smiley_chinrub:

If there not worth anything to society, as is, then make them useful by parting them out to people that can use their organs. :smiley_coolpeace: Since there's so much safety equipment in vehicles these days, the organ donor program has taken a huge hit.

This would have a 3 fold effect...
1. Free organs for those that need them.
2. A crime deterrent for those that brake the law and get incarcerated with life sentences.
3. It would empty out "Death Row". (Which I've never understood an over population for, anyway.)

I may run for Governor with this in my campaign. :smiley_crocodile:
Bowhunter57

jeremy44230

Medina County
Right on! Make the punishment so f'd up that some people won't commit the crimes. Won't work all the time, but it would help. This country needs to stop being so accommodating to prisoners. Prisons should be prisons, not a "free" place to stay with free food. Make it a mother f'er if you gotta be in prison!

We need to get serious with the death penalty too! Get nasty with that!

ohio
Yeah like ufc for a meal, without healthcare, they will thin out fast, and when it gets to the last ones which are the toughest sobs we just shoot them, simple

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sort of like the old story about the Sheriff forced with budget cuts? Told his superiors he only needed one cell. When asked what he would do if he had more than one prisoner he responded "I will take the first prisoner out back and put one in his head. Once the word gets around, nobody will want to stay in my jail cell."

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member