Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 15

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Got us a few more points guys.Good luck. uploadfromtaptalk1414710169977.jpguploadfromtaptalk1414710185352.jpg

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I should by done drying corn in 2 hours at about 6 a.m. Im gonna try and power through it and go home, get showered and smoke up and be in stand by 7 a.m. It's been a shitty 14 hour shift, and I have to be back in by 4pm, but I haven't had anytime in the woods.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
No Jake this is a different buck but shot him out of the same stand.The other was bigger but im totally happy with this one for my first recurve buck.
Good luck guys and Jake dont give up get back out there and hunt.Besides we want the points.lol

Schu72

Streetsboro
Here's the best deer I have on camera. Only 2 series, but at least he's around. I'll be on stand where this was taked for a few sits this weekend.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Terrible news guys. I shot that buck last night with no recovery. Looked again this morning, but there is litterally no sign with the rain we had. Just came in to make a few phone calls to get permission to look on two more properties. I'm sick....

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Wow sorry to hear that man.Been there already this yr so sure know how it feels but keep looking and hope you find him.
Where do you think you hit him and how far was the shot?
Did you have good blood before the rain wiped it out?

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I echo Brian. That's a bummer man , I had the same happen to me already this year too. It's a real kick in the junk. All you can do now is try your best to find him and keep positive

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Guys looks like we are having a little bad luck but I am proof it can turn around in a hurry.Good luck I will be starting my quest tomorrow for the big bitch doe as l like to call her.lol

Schu72

Streetsboro
I echo Brian. That's a bummer man , I had the same happen to me already this year too. It's a real kick in the junk. All you can do now is try your best to find him and keep positive
Don't want to get into all o the gory details. Shot was 40 yards. Deer dropped on impact. Thought I spined him. Got up and was gone. Arrow was broken off just beyond the broadhead. Had hair up about 6 inches of the shaft. Had a blood trail for about 70 yards. Lost blood in rain. Found no beds in the morning. Looked all day yesterday. Sore and disgusted with myself.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I know the feeling dude. It's a shitty one. Just gotta keep looking and if you can't find him, keep hunting. I almost killed a 145 or so this morning. He just wouldn't come any closer.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
That sounds so crazy Schu, sorry buddy. I made it out the last 2 mornings, foregoing sleep. I loved the cold mornings. Kept me wide awake. Only managed to see does from the stand. On the way to Findlay, I seen 4 bucks circling a doe about 100yds off the road in a standing bean field. 2 of them were just mammoth bodied 8 pointers. It was a piece I could hunt, but I had to be to work in a short while. I think tomorrow Im gonna sleep in and instead of having the wife take the boy to the sitter, just spend the majority of the day with him. I do think Im gonna call in and tell them I cant make it in til a bit after 7pm. I need an evening sit in the stand. To hell with these 14-16hr shifts

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I did get an evening sit tonight. I finally seen what I long suspected. A nice buck and doe stood up from their beds in the middle of a Rye/Radish field that is planted as a cover crop. It's darn near waist high, and I figured they would use it like CRP. I have1 stand that overlooks it, but I need a N wind. I was sitting another spot about 500yds away. Only action I had was a small 6 point feed under me right at dark

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Redhunter you using the scentsmoker? We have had so many deer downwind this yr and not one has winded us as long as we smoke up good.
I put my uncles grandson on this buck yesterday and he was directly downwind and had no clue anyone was there.Good Luck! uploadfromtaptalk1415098663134.jpguploadfromtaptalk1415098712393.jpg