Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Zanesville Dead Animal Picture

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Here is a photo that was sent to me from Zanesville of the animals that were killed after escaping.

Zanesville Dead animals.jpg

Last edited:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
My question is where did this huy get all these animals and how much did he have to spend to feed all these things?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My question is where did this huy get all these animals and how much did he have to spend to feed all these things?

The honest truth is the state probably gave them to him... When they kick in the door to Jamals crack house and he has a baby tiger, they call a rescue operation. Many of the places are like the one this guy had..

tuffshot

The Crew
Media hysteria is a powerful thing.
Stupid, but powerful.

That and depety dog gits to fire his gun.:smiley_cowboy:

Joe, the wife and I had the same conversation as to where he came to have so many exotic animal, the funny part is at the time of the arrests being made and probably contacting the Zoo's in the state none of them wanted anythhing to do with the exotic animals. They would say they are all full up and dropped the whole thing. They were afraid of possible diseases they would have to control etc. Give them to that Thompson guy.

Last edited:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
It's a damn shame really.....those animals didn't deserve to be shot. It's not their fault they were let out of the pen.....I understand they had to be put down to prevent the neighbor kids from becoming a snack, but dang those are some nice looking animals.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Bah.. Whatever.. They're just fur lined bags if meat with claws... Nothing special. This should have been done long ago when proper facilities refused to take them would have been much easier back then... Or when he had some 30 animal abuse complaints..

The state pawns them off knowing the guy would take them. Then turns a blind eye as he hordes more and more in improper facilities. Then blames him when the shtf...

I have to admit though, I like his "Fuck me? No fuck YOU". Attitude.. You say my animals are a problem. Ill show you a fucking problem.. Bang! Least he didn't shoot up a government building..

Schu72

Streetsboro
I'm with you Gern. They didn't ask to be pets, but they paid the price. Maybe now they will stiffen the laws on exotics in Ohio,

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
I am no tree hugger be any means,but its just a sad situation too see so many innocent animals die from someones ingnorance of turning them loose and making them someone else's problem,,,ohio needs to change the laws big time with these exotic game swap meets.............I would like to get a few of them animals and try to mount them for my own collection least they won't be a total waste

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I am no tree hugger be any means,but its just a sad situation too see so many innocent animals die from someones ingnorance of turning them loose and making them someone else's problem,,,ohio needs to change the laws big time with these exotic game swap meets.............I would like to get a few of them animals and try to mount them for my own collection least they won't be a total waste

I think you're forgetting that the state gave him these animals so that they were no longer the states problem... They simply became the states problem again all at once... Lets not be so hasty to blame the man as the source of the issue.... The state should man up and euthanize them when they're confiscated and no professional facility want's them.. Which is basically what they're doing now, just not in a pretty way..... .. Funny how they reap what they sow. They passed the buck to begin with.. They just got a quick return on investment that they weren't prepared to deal with. :)