Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Youth Gun Season

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
well my buddy's boy was able to shoot one last night, he dropped him in his tracks i started to celebrate with him and realised the buck was trying to stand back up so i reloaded the gun but the buck had fallen back down again to the right of the blind and we couldnt get back on him, once i saw him fall again i figured he couldnt get up so as i turned around to tell carter our next move the buck gets to his feet and is over the hill. i know the initial shot was back . i watched him try to get over the fence but he couldnt and i watched him slowly walk the fence line for 200 yards, this is a new cattle fence and its prolly 4.5 ft tall. long story short we tracked him slowly along the fence until the rain picked up so we left. i felt like if he couldnt get out of the field he was gonna be in there this morning. we made a call to the warden to let him know about the situation and my brother went out before work and couldnt find him. i feel like crap because i should have got him out of the blind quicker for a follow up but the way he acted i didnt think he was gonna get up. im gonna go talk to the neighbors to see if i can walk there place tonight if he got out of the field i think thats where he headed. its worse than me loosing a deer myself, i just hope i can get permission to go and try to retrieve him i know he is laying somewhere.

Reactions: Mike and Big_Holla

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My buddy did the same thing a couple years ago on a doe with a muzzle loader. I wanted too kick him in the nuts after he relayed what happened 😂😂😂

It happens, get caught up in the moment only too have it walk away with you sayin WTF?

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Well i found him. Now waiting for carter tk get out of basketball practice for some hero shots.

Attachments

• 20181119_165534.jpg
    20181119_165534.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 184