Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WV tag out

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
My buddy and I went to a farm we have had a lot of success hunting. He signed papers in 198 acres that borders it last week. He ventured towards his new place and I stayed on the old farm. At daylight 2 started gobbling on the other side of a small hollow. I let out some soft yelp’s on the glass and they liked it. They pitched down on my side. A few minutes later they popped up on the little ridge I was on about 70 yards out. A few soft yelp’s on the mouth call and they couldn’t help themselves. The other stuck around pecking the dead bird for 20 minutes.
E06A444D-7130-4EB7-BE2B-48614242BBFC.jpeg
A1229DAB-8139-4397-A1B5-4EBAF14670C5.jpeg

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
It’s been a great week of hunting. Last year I had 2 quality hunts all season. I’m going to sit out the weather tomorrow. Hoping to tag along with my buddy Thursday or Friday or possibly take my 79 year old dad to one of our spots. He’s been hunting public by our Tyler county farm without much action at all.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I was involved in the demise of another turkey today. I called him in to about 40 yards but my buddy had no clear shot. So we circled him and got no response. Left for a bit and came back. We weren’t sure exactly where he was so we stopped to listen. I heard something in a deep ravine just below us and spotted a hen about 50 yards away. I said I bet the Tom is with her. My buddy called and he gobbled. He leaned forward and saw him in half strut. Game over. It’s been a fun week.
D450788C-7B6D-43D3-A409-EEE829D21A23.jpeg