Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Will it be gone??

joejoe8

We have our yearly shed hunt/scouting trip planned for next weekend 13-15. I know Athens/Morgan county area got 8+ inches this week. With temps. getting in 50's this coming week, do you guys think most will melt?? Thanks

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
There will still be snow on the ground. Good news is the south facing slops should be clear and those are prime spots to look.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Yep, more than likely there will be skiffs of snow still on the ground. Like the guys said, south facing slopes and AG fields should be good spots to look. Good luck!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I think at this rate most of the snow will be gone. Your biggest obstacle will be if the majority have dropped yet, IMO. Shed hunting involves a lot of luck. The miles you trudge this next weekend might yield 5 sheds but the same miles two weeks from now if you waited might yield those same 5 plus 8 more. Problem is, the critters or another shed hunter or trespasser might find them before you if you waited as well! Danged if you do, danged if you don't, as they say! Lmao

Good luck on your trip whenever you decide!

joejoe8

Awesome!! thanks for the updates. Been very slow for me in Nc, only found 4 dead heads an 2 sheds. Looking forward to walking some new terrain. We'll be looking mostly public land an a few small private farms.

joejoe8

Like always, I thought we should have found more. But very happy with our trip, ended up with 6. 2015 shed trip.jpg