Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wild Turkey recipe ideas

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
You know us Coonass rednecks can cook a lot of different things. From turtle to deer meat to any seafood. What I don’t know is wild turkeys. I’ve had whole smoked Turkey and baked….it was ok. I’ve also had Turkey breast sliced like a pork chop size and pan fried in butter w seasoning and was really good. I’d like something other than a soup of some sort or fried. Thanks

Reactions: jagermeister

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You know us Coonass rednecks can cook a lot of different things. From turtle to deer meat to any seafood. What I don’t know is wild turkeys. I’ve had whole smoked Turkey and baked….it was ok. I’ve also had Turkey breast sliced like a pork chop size and pan fried in butter w seasoning and was really good. I’d like something other than a soup of some sort or fried. Thanks
Look up spatchcock Turkey. It’s right up your alley, Nick. Our new favorite way too cook them.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I cut the breast meat into 1” medallions then fry in butter for 30 seconds per side. Drag them through some beat eggs then breading ( I use 75% Prego Italian bread crumbs mixed with 25% flour). Fry them again until golden brown. Set aside. Now make some angel hair pasta and Alfredo sauce. Put the pasta on a plate, put the fried Turkey medallions on top then add the Alfredo sauce. Salt/pepper to taste.

Isaacorps

Columbus
This is really good and super easy. Thanks to @jagermeister

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Sous vide, pressure cook, braise, the legs for carnitas as @Reagan said.

Smoking the breast on the pellet grill is too hard for me to go away from. Brine, season, smoke, and enjoy hot or cold like deli meat. A roulade is a fancy way to cook it as well.

Stressless

Keene, OH
This is my Wild turkey Picatta and it's the only way I do the breast. Feeds 4 very well.
Turkey Piccata

Ingredients:

Wild turkey deboned, sinew removed breast, approximately 2 pounds (one side of the breast)

Freshly ground Salt

Freshly ground black pepper

Paprika

1 cup all-purpose flour

2 TBLS olive oil

6 TBLS unsalted butter

2 TBLS finely chives or red onions

3.750z jar capers

½ cup white wine

½ cup turkey broth (I use Better then Bullion)

½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice

tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves

Directions​

Preheat oven or warming drawer to 170 degrees F.

Cut the turkey breast into 1/4”slices, lightly pound ternerize. Season both sides of meat lightly with salt and pepper, dash a pinch of paprika to one side and then dredge in flour. Shake off the excess flour. Set aside. (turkey scaloppini)

In a large sauté pan over medium high heat(just below smoking), heat olive oil and 4 tablespoons butter. Once hot, but not yet smoking, brown turkey scaloppini quickly, about 1-2 mins on each side, and remove to an ovenproof platter. Place in oven/warming drawer to keep warm. Add Oil and 2 TBLS butter as scaloppini soaks the initial grease up…

Reduce the heat to med-low and add the chives/red onions to the pan. Sauté until browned or translucent. Add capers, broth, wine, parsley and lemon juice to the pan bring to boil, scrape all browned bits off bottom of pan and reduce sauce by half. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, if necessary. Once reduced turn to low add warmed scaloppini to sauce, turn once after 2 mins. Place scaloppini on plate, spoon sauce over turkey and serve immediately.