Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Who's shooting? Tuning? Tinkering?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've been shooting 6-12 arrows each morning and each evening for a week or so. Good routine I should be able to keep up with assuming my shoulder heals! I pitched 3 innings in our baseball game Saturday and my arm was barely hanging on after shooting this AM! Might need to rest up for the weekend.

Anyone have any experience with the Grim Reaper Pro Special 2" mechanicals? After many years of shooting Rage hypodermics, I'm looking to make an improvement. I've never had issues with flight or opening, would just like to see a better blood trail some times. Never lost a deer, but, there have been a few times that if I hadn't watched them run a certain way, I may have. Would like to hear some good, bad and ugly from some guys who shoot em.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Anyone have any experience with the Grim Reaper Pro Special 2" mechanicals? After many years of shooting Rage hypodermics, I'm looking to make an improvement. I've never had issues with flight or opening, would just like to see a better blood trail some times. Never lost a deer, but, there have been a few times that if I hadn't watched them run a certain way, I may have. Would like to hear some good, bad and ugly from some guys who shoot em.

I don't have any experience with the Reaper 2"ers, have you tried the extreme chisel tip? So far I have noticed a significant difference when comparing wound channels and blood trails to those using the hypodermics. I'm sure someone else will chime in on the Reapers though.

I don't have any experience with the Reaper 2"ers, have you tried the extreme chisel tip? So far I have noticed a significant difference when comparing wound channels and blood trails to those using the hypodermics. I'm sure someone else will chime in on the Reapers though.
Yes. I've tried basically all the models in the Rage line. Plus slick tricks and wasps. Just looking for the "perfect broadhead" for my bow. Every bow likes one kind. Rages always flew and killed for me but looking for an upgrade. Slick tricks were fine on my old PSE but, even after the best of tuning they won't fly as well as I want them out of the Hoyt. Never liked the wasps.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia

https://theohiooutdoors.com/threads/1023s-2018-2019-hunting-log.24309/

See post #11. That's my take on them. Short answer is they're bad ass.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Out shooting now and set the target at fifty yards. Took some minor adjustments and got to shooting some decent groups. My new string has settled and the peep needs to be reseated, but almost set for the anticipated opener. Going to put the bow down after this group and feed the perch. Felt good to send a few down range, hell, I never even took the bow out of the case at the summer shoot... Dang.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Fed the perch and seen this guy come up. Treble hook did him in! Soup City!

Attachments

• 20180725_213325.jpg
    20180725_213325.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 311
  • 20180725_213341.jpg
    20180725_213341.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 343
  • 20180725_214200.jpg
    20180725_214200.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 341