Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Who's shooting? Tuning? Tinkering?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Should say new strings make the big difference in old bows.
I put ABB Platinums on mine last year and was simply amazed at the performance difference between them, and the worn-out junk I took off. Night and day difference, but it cost me a chunk of change. Very worth it though.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Kaydence wants to film our hunts, so we got the camera out tonight to test the microphone (can't add an external mic to this camera) and see how the picture turns out. I figured I'd video my form so I could nitpick, then this happened...

Fun moment for us with my 3rd ever robinhood! All 3 were on back-to-back arrows in a 3 arrow group, but the first 2 happened at 20 yards indoors, this was at 30 from the bucket. It drove the nock straight into the tube and sleeved the 2 arrows about as well as you could. Nice confidence booster, but a pricey "mistake"!

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Yet another +1 for shooting traditional… I ain’t had a Robinhood in several years. 😂

Just in case you have forgotten what one looks like and may wish to hold onto those nice good arrows 😏

download (17).gif

Jamie

Ohio
many years ago used an improvised copycat of the Great Northern gadget adapter to mount a zebco 808 on wooden bow for bowfishing. tapping riser isn't really hard if you have a small forstner bit and drill press. after I tried a bottle reel, that was the end of opening the bail (or forgetting to and getting hit in the forehead with the nock of a 1000 grain fish arrow) to shoot fish. I tapped an old Bear Grizzly riser to put a bottle reel on it.

my tuning and tinkering, albeit very limited this time around, is done. no more fiddling. just shooting, shooting, and more shooting for the next few weeks. got my targets set up for shooting off the deck yesterday. did some shooting off the deck. it went well. :) if I could just get the rest of those stands up pretty soon, I'll be in business. lol, I should probably get my broadheads sharpened up, too.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Thought I’d go use some of these tom turkey feathers as well.. this color combo should work

Attachments

• EA5D57C3-0572-41C8-BDB1-F9B9C96CF7AD.jpeg
    EA5D57C3-0572-41C8-BDB1-F9B9C96CF7AD.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 95
  • A5E0D512-241B-48A0-A58B-F133498CE318.jpeg
    A5E0D512-241B-48A0-A58B-F133498CE318.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 99

Isaacorps

Columbus
No temptation to take a shot over 30 yards (distances at which I am not comfortable/accurate shooting) now. I removed all but my 20 and 30 yard pins. Decluttered my sight picture significantly, which has also been an improvement. I also finally got rid of the whisker biscuit and installed the drop away rest @OhioWhiteTails gave me. Should’ve done that a year ago when he gave it to me 🤣. I’m really starting to gain some confidence shooting this thing
9AF36B4A-4946-4D70-A1EE-029DF5261495.jpeg