Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Who's bringing what to the 2018 TOO Shoot Food Thread

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm bringing varenyky (potato pirogies). I'll need someone to provide a way for me to fry them in a skillet. They'll be boiled, but you fry them in bacon grease and onions util a little crispy.

Had some last weekend, they’re good!!!

Reactions: Mike

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I worked in the dining hall all 4 years at OU. The first week on the job my freshman year, we had pierogies on the menu. I was setting up the entree line and saw the card for "Pirogies" and thought "WTF are pierogies?!?" When we opened up, the "Kids from the C's" (what I called the city kids who were obviously from Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincy) showed up in droves to get the pirogies and we ran out less than an hour in. I was blown away. 19 years old and I'd never heard of a pierogi, let along ate one. That was my introduction to bland ravioli... :ROFLMAO:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I worked in the dining hall all 4 years at OU. The first week on the job my freshman year, we had pierogies on the menu. I was setting up the entree line and saw the card for "Pirogies" and thought "WTF are pierogies?!?" When we opened up, the "Kids from the C's" (what I called the city kids who were obviously from Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincy) showed up in droves to get the pirogies and we ran out less than an hour in. I was blown away. 19 years old and I'd never heard of a pierogi, let along ate one. That was my introduction to bland ravioli... :ROFLMAO:

I imagine chow hall pirogies would be bland 😂😂😂

Redneckfucker

Greene county
Kenai dip ? Giles made it once and everyone seemed to enjoy it on some dogs. Could throw some of that together to bring to snack on as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk