Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Who Dey

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I was just listening on the radio. So how was it that the bengals stopped KC and then they didn’t? As the radio announcer said “that play was just erased from NFL history”. What the heck.

Reactions: finelyshedded

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I was just listening on the radio. So how was it that the bengals stopped KC and then they didn’t? As the radio announcer said “that play was just erased from NFL history”. What the heck.
One of the downfield officials came running in blowing the whistle before the play but with the crowd noise nobody could hear it. Cincy fans are not going to admit this though.
I don’t know why he was stopping play but he was.

Creamer

Athens
One of the downfield officials came running in blowing the whistle before the play but with the crowd noise nobody could hear it. Cincy fans are not going to admit this though.
I don’t know why he was stopping play but he was.

Granted, I was NOT in the stadium last night. But, I've been to NFL games and there's something about crowd noise that makes the "I blew the whistle but nobody heard it" story sound like pure BS to me. The home crowd is definitely loud enough to drown out a whistle...when the AWAY team is on offense. When the home team has the ball, the only fans making substantial noise are the visiting fans. Not a single player on that field stopped like they heard a whistle. There wasn't one.

The officiating sucked, but this game result came down to the basics of protecting the QB. One team did it, one team didn't, and the team that protected their QB won the game. The OL injuries finally caught up to Cincinnati and the failure to protect the QB ends their season for the second straight year.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Nobody gonna talk about the bone headed play by Cincinnati number 58 late hit out of bounds that allowed KC the chance at a game winning field goal? Dumbest shit ever.
Yup... That was the game right there... No excuse for that shit, esp. in a tie game with the season on the line... Hopefully the team made him walk back to Cincy... Even though I have BLACK AND GOLD flowing in my veins I WAS ROOTING FOR CINCY...

Reactions: Gern186

Creamer

Athens
Nobody gonna talk about the bone headed play by Cincinnati number 58 late hit out of bounds that allowed KC the chance at a game winning field goal? Dumbest shit ever.

Horrible play, for sure. It was obvious and a clear penalty. Just like the block in the back on the punt return a minute earlier that wasn't called that cost Cincinnati roughly 30 yards of field position.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Granted, I was NOT in the stadium last night. But, I've been to NFL games and there's something about crowd noise that makes the "I blew the whistle but nobody heard it" story sound like pure BS to me. The home crowd is definitely loud enough to drown out a whistle...when the AWAY team is on offense. When the home team has the ball, the only fans making substantial noise are the visiting fans. Not a single player on that field stopped like they heard a whistle. There wasn't one.

The officiating sucked, but this game result came down to the basics of protecting the QB. One team did it, one team didn't, and the team that protected their QB won the game. The OL injuries finally caught up to Cincinnati and the failure to protect the QB ends their season for the second straight year.
Whether the whistle could be heard or not later in the game they showed a replay where the official could be seen running in waving his arms to signal the play dead.

Creamer

Athens
Whether the whistle could be heard or not later in the game they showed a replay where the official could be seen running in waving his arms to signal the play dead.

Yes, he could be seen on replay. My point is I don't think he blew the play dead as he said he did. Not a single player acted like they heard a whistle. There are mics everywhere and nothing picked it up? What was the complaint last year in the Bengals-Raiders playoff game on an inadvertent whistle on a Bengals TD pass? Raiders claimed "we heard a whistle and we pulled up."

Officiating in the NFL had a bad day yesterday, in both games. Major calls were botched in the Philly-SF game, also. Did they affect the outcome of that game? Probably not, but it's still a black eye for the NFL on a day when there's only two games on and most of the country is watching. There's too much at stake, financially and otherwise, to have this many mistakes happen at this stage.