Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Where to buy?

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
It’s isn’t how good your land is as much of how good your neighbors are. Also if your looking to kill a 150 where only 130’s exist your wasting your time. Water is usually a great boundary and owning the outside curve of a river is better. It will concentrate a larger amount of deer that is heading along the river. Small acres can almost be better than large chunks. Give me a transition area over a bedding area anytime.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Buckkillr

Athens
One thing I've found in my purchases, big and small is as soon as you signed the papers a amazing deal will come on the market. Example : I wanted 20-50 acres with the last house we bought, very little on the market then in our area and the ones that were was priced at the top and no budging on price. Settled for 6 ac and nice house only because it was listed 25k under market, still haven't figured why 🤔, I went home and knew I shouldn't look, Bam 30 acre with house for 5k more 🤬🤬🤬

Moral of the story be happy with your purchase and never ever look once papers are signed 😂😂 😂 Happens Everytime

Buckmaster

Portage
Today I met a girl whom is getting divorced and has to sell 42 formally wooded acres (logged out this fall) 97 yards from my front door. She says it’s going to market this summer. I kindly reminded her about the $6k lien on it under her former husband’s name. I might need some financial assistance on this one.

Bighoun52

In the woods
So looked At a very Deery property yesterday that looks like it could have some good potential. Only problem is it has a bunch of sink holes in it. Any one know anything about sink holes? Don’t know if I could even run equipment on it to put in roads and food plots. Trying to figure out what I might be able to do or not do.

Reactions: 5Cent

Buckkillr

Athens
So looked At a very Deery property yesterday that looks like it could have some good potential. Only problem is it has a bunch of sink holes in it. Any one know anything about sink holes? Don’t know if I could even run equipment on it to put in roads and food plots. Trying to figure out what I might be able to do or not do.
Where abouts? There's alot of old mines is some areas and to my understanding the mapping of the mines are not to accurate

Bighoun52

In the woods
Regenerating this thread. Still looking for property. Found a dang nice piece that I’m going to look at. It’s in Morgan county. Don’t know as much about harvests and bucks in Morgan county but figured it still has big bucks. Any one have much info on Morgan?

Reactions: jagermeister

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Regenerating this thread. Still looking for property. Found a dang nice piece that I’m going to look at. It’s in Morgan county. Don’t know as much about harvests and bucks in Morgan county but figured it still has big bucks. Any one have much info on Morgan?
A buddy of mine leases land in Morgan county. They also bought two acres and built a pole barn type camp. He gets a good deer almost every year and one year got one that was just over 180”.

Reactions: Bighoun52

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Morgan is a great county. A few 200inch deer have been killed around there over the years. Morgan seems to be a bit less rugged than Noble, Monroe and even parts of northern Athens county it touches. Always liked some of the nice hunting camps off route 13 and 78 (I believe) running through there. Beautiful country.

Last edited: