Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's the greenup in your area like?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ours down here in the SW and from the reports from my bro in the SE are way ahead of schedule. There are still bucks carrying both sides down here in my area and the countryside will be like the Canadian bush by the time their sheds it the ground. Dang greenup and the honey-do-list are killing me these days! Lol

I did find a shed today and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I really noticed the greenup around here in the SE today. Alot of trees are blooming out. We're still seeing bucks holding both sides TOO

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Was thinking the same thing in the NE. Saw a decent buck carrying both sides last weekend as well. There is going to be a lot more cover in the turkey woods than I remember in years past...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yep, seems to be a few weeks ahead of schedule here in Medina County, too. I haven't found any shrooms yet, but I did find another shed over the weekend at a county park!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I was in the woods yesterday and the ground cover is thick already in most places, and the leaves are coming on already on most of the softwood trees. It would have to be a big shed to stick out above the ground cover here.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Haven't been in the woods since Wednesday of last week, but I have noticed on my way to work that a lot more trees are getting leaves and the woods floor is getting a lot greener. If the morels don't start poppin soon they are going to be a pain in the ass to find this year too!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Mayapples are up as well as the ramps are starting to get pretty thick. Trees are starting to bloom and everything looks to be about a month ahead of schedule. Seems to be a 50/50 with the bucks so should be interresting trying to find sheds. I did find a deadhead the other day. Young basket 8pt.

rossbows

I have mowed my yard twice already what the hell. It looks like may around here. My maple trees are done blooming and leafing out. I think turkey season is going to suck. How about the ticks they are bad already found ten already.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I have mowed my yard twice already what the hell. It looks like may around here. My maple trees are done blooming and leafing out. I think turkey season is going to suck. How about the ticks they are bad already found ten already.

Yep I've mowed 5 times already... although I do a weed and feed in the spring and the fall... on my vacation last week I was mowing every 2nd or 3rd day. Grass was growing close to an inch a day!! LOL!

Buckmaster

Portage
Too Green, By the time turkey season rolls around we won't be able to see in the woods. It will be like Late May hunting when turkey season rolls in.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Jesse nailed it: On par with late April here and has been for several weeks. Generally we are mowing the last week or two of April on an "average" year. We have been at it for a few weeks already. Not every 2-3 days like Drake, but I would say April will be a pretty good month for us. March has already given us a pleasant surprise. Never turkey hunted, so i won't have anything to compare it to, but shed hunting is getting tougher every day.