Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's in your cup?

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
B6676A53-00A1-4610-AAFF-9FFE3BCE854C.jpeg

Picked up a bottle of this today…will try later tonight or tomorrow. Found a bottle of Bookers but they wanted $110…a little to rich for me with the wife standing right next to me.😂

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
View attachment 159064
Picked up a bottle of this today…will try later tonight or tomorrow. Found a bottle of Bookers but they wanted $110…a little to rich for me with the wife standing right next to me.😂
$110 For Bookers is about normal secondary pricing. It's $80ish in price controlled areas. I would have had to think about it at that price.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
$110 For Bookers is about normal secondary pricing. It's $80ish in price controlled areas. I would have had to think about it at that price.
$80 I would probably buy a bottle to give it a try….but not with the wife looking over my shoulder.😂 I have a list on my phone of harder to find and some not too hard to find bourbons that I’ve gleaned from this page and want to try because of the recommendations of other Toozers. I’ve got a decent collection so far but still haven’t found a “favorite”.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
$80 I would probably buy a bottle to give it a try….but not with the wife looking over my shoulder.😂 I have a list on my phone of harder to find and some not too hard to find bourbons that I’ve gleaned from this page and want to try because of the recommendations of other Toozers. I’ve got a decent collection so far but still haven’t found a “favorite”.
I would caution you about relying on this page because of how variable the bourbon market is. Items that are easier to come by here in Ohio (Weller SR, Weller Antique) are next to unobtainable in KY and other states. For example Weller Antique is $49.99 here in Ohio (a price controlled state) and is worth $70 on secondary here in Ohio but is $110 or greater in other states and I've seen it listed in stores for >$150. Whereas Weller Full proof, CYPB, Barrel proof, 12 year are lottery only here in Ohio but other states get cases of the stuff. I've seen pictures of a store in Colorado that had a display of it was either High West Midwinter's Night Dram or something else with more in this display in 1 freaking store than the whole state of Ohio received.

If you give us a bottle you have enjoyed and the flavors you enjoyed in that bottle we may be able to give you similar flavor profiled bottles to look for or try when you're out.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
This 2022/02 OHLQ pick was $99 as was the 2022/01 OHLQ back in April. I imagine the 03 and 04 will be the same.
It just comes down to whether you want one for your shelf/pleasure or not, well……..and also if the wife is standing there too. Lol

Attachments

• A8ED413E-B366-40F4-9064-7D3E5F4D3A83.jpeg
    A8ED413E-B366-40F4-9064-7D3E5F4D3A83.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 55

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I would caution you about relying on this page because of how variable the bourbon market is. Items that are easier to come by here in Ohio (Weller SR, Weller Antique) are next to unobtainable in KY and other states. For example Weller Antique is $49.99 here in Ohio (a price controlled state) and is worth $70 on secondary here in Ohio but is $110 or greater in other states and I've seen it listed in stores for >$150. Whereas Weller Full proof, CYPB, Barrel proof, 12 year are lottery only here in Ohio but other states get cases of the stuff. I've seen pictures of a store in Colorado that had a display of it was either High West Midwinter's Night Dram or something else with more in this display in 1 freaking store than the whole state of Ohio received.

If you give us a bottle you have enjoyed and the flavors you enjoyed in that bottle we may be able to give you similar flavor profiled bottles to look for or try when you're out.
Pertaining to the Weller Ohio lottery bottles, what prices are these other states charging for them?

Bowkills

Nw oh
20220814_192307.jpg
my dad bought 45 cases of this. Im struggling choking down my 3rd. Its my 9th beer of today and shouldnt be an issue by now. Not a fan. Shame too knowing theres 44 cases in a basement 3 miles away.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Walked 6.25 miles in and around Whiskey Row today. Sipped on flight at Barrels and Billets and bought a bottle of their J Fredrick, hit Mussels and Burgers for lunch then looked around at Angels Envy. Whiskey Row has got some pretty cool places to visit right along the Ohio River within a few blocks away.
24226403-6E22-4120-9CFA-F8A6016D9DCF.jpeg
583F0A7E-CBDD-4567-8D46-A7FCB8A97198.jpeg
FF003415-D469-40AD-9E94-55AE4AA0D936.jpeg