Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
While working in the yard yesterday, my neighbor drove down his long driveway and saw me...he stopped and asked if I could use my kabota to spread some gravel he had in a pile (for a couple of years) into the potholes he had in his driveway. I told him I’d be glad to help him out. Today I spread the pile that he had, then used about 30 bucket loads of millings that the asphalt company had dumped behind my garage. It took me a couple hours but the millings compacted nicely and I was able to do most, but not all of his driveway. This afternoon he stopped by and said that his driveway is almost as good as it was when he first put it in...then he asked how much he owed me. I told him that the “good neighbor policy” prohibits me from taking anything. He then asked what my wife drinks and I told him wine. He’s happy, the wife will be happy, and I’m glad I could help someone out. Win-win. I just hope that he doesn’t show up when I’m not home with a bottle of wine and a bear rug!😂

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
While working in the yard yesterday, my neighbor drove down his long driveway and saw me...he stopped and asked if I could use my kabota to spread some gravel he had in a pile (for a couple of years) into the potholes he had in his driveway. I told him I’d be glad to help him out. Today I spread the pile that he had, then used about 30 bucket loads of millings that the asphalt company had dumped behind my garage. It took me a couple hours but the millings compacted nicely and I was able to do most, but not all of his driveway. This afternoon he stopped by and said that his driveway is almost as good as it was when he first put it in...then he asked how much he owed me. I told him that the “good neighbor policy” prohibits me from taking anything. He then asked what my wife drinks and I told him wine. He’s happy, the wife will be happy, and I’m glad I could help someone out. Win-win. I just hope that he doesn’t show up when I’m not home with a bottle of wine and a bear rug!😂
Good job, George...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well, we have some friends who were down on Hilton Head and are on their way home and are stopping by for the night. We decided too try the dining out this evening as we haven’t had a sit down meal in a restaurant in quite some time. Made reservations for 7 this evening. Really looking forward too this and some normalcy. We’re going too the Three Bulls Steak house. We’ve only been there once and they have phenomenal steaks, I’m so ready for this... Good steak, good company and a few drinks...

lung buster

hocking county
Drew and I got another cooler full of slabs this eve...catfishing now....

20200606_191205.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We are doing a job for a 90yr old man. Korean War vet. Always smiling. Pleasant/soothing/Grandpa voice. Great sense of humor. Still very active. he even drives his car still. Just a great man. I think we could RoundUp his lawn and he would say "That looks great, Phil. Go get a water out of the fridge." Wish they were all like him. I want to adopt him as another grandpa. I only remember one of mine and we didn't see him often. This man's family is so fortunate to have him. Makes me smile to think of going back to work for him today. Wish there were more of his generation left.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Picked up the new truck last night, 2019 Chevy Silverado 4x4 with 27 miles on her! Was too late to take pics. Been a while for a new vehicle. Just tired of not having a reliable vehicle for the wife to drive around town (keeps miles low) and for trips to Ohio.
Congratulations, Chuck....

Reactions: Big_Holla