Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Back strap and onions....marinaded of course.

My little girl wanted to go get some squirrels yesterday afternoon so off we went. Wind was blowing and they didn't want to cooperate but i managed 4. I wanted her to get to shoot but i had to trick shot every one of them.
Anyway i supervised her as she made us a big batch of biscuits this morning. We cooked them a little done because i like my biscuits almost crunchy if they are going in gravy. Tonight i boiled the squirrel, pulled it off the bone, and then fried it up. Made a gravy from the squirrel grease and then put the meat in to simmer for a little while. Poured over the crumbled up biscuits made for a mighty fine super on this messy cold afternoon. So proud of my little one and the life skills she is learning at this age.
Screenshot_20200102-194443_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200102-194454_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200102-194501_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200102-194511_Gallery.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My little girl wanted to go get some squirrels yesterday afternoon so off we went. Wind was blowing and they didn't want to cooperate but i managed 4. I wanted her to get to shoot but i had to trick shot every one of them.
Anyway i supervised her as she made us a big batch of biscuits this morning. We cooked them a little done because i like my biscuits almost crunchy if they are going in gravy. Tonight i boiled the squirrel, pulled it off the bone, and then fried it up. Made a gravy from the squirrel grease and then put the meat in to simmer for a little while. Poured over the crumbled up biscuits made for a mighty fine super on this messy cold afternoon. So proud of my little one and the life skills she is learning at this age.View attachment 92996View attachment 92997View attachment 92998View attachment 92999

Next time try having candied sweet taters on the side and mash them up and smother with that delicious gravy of yours and give that a try....my gut says you’ll LOVE IT!🤗😜