Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
😎

IMG_20191125_195525_226.jpg
IMG_20191125_195525_220.jpg

Buckmaster

Portage
....So.. I bought a turkey breast at IGA, proceeded to seasoned, oil, and marinated it for two days.Today I smoked it over some sugar maple saw dust from a tree I had to remove from my front yard.....so after the 9 hour smoke affair...why does my turkey now resemble my wife’s twat giving birth to my two kids? I was previously horrified at those two events in the hospital....
3C639B29-3219-4266-8822-7EAA1114B673.jpeg
and now I’m seeing it again. Why bring the expansion up again? Help!

....So.. I bought a turkey breast at IGA, proceeded to seasoned, oil, and marinated it for two days.Today I smoked it over some sugar maple saw dust from a tree I had to remove from my front yard.....so after the 9 hour smoke affair...why does my turkey now resemble my wife’s twat giving birth to my two kids? I was previously horrified at those two events in the hospital....View attachment 90908and now I’m seeing it again. Why bring the expansion up again? Help!
How does the maple do? We dont have it down here i bet its awesome with light meats though.

Big H

Medina
First time doing spatchcock turkey. I may never do it any other way. Two 12 LB birds with apple and cherry wood in the smoker with Simon and Garfunkel Rub.

Reactions: finelyshedded
I had some of the best venison while i am in Germany. I have become pretty close friends with a german carpenter named Florian. His family took two roebuck this weekend. After hanging them to age for a couple days they invited me over for the feast. They grilled the back straps which were pretty ordinary. This region of germany uses a long metal rod with a small curled hook on the end to turn and handle meat.

The rest of the two roebuck had the meat stripped from the bone and chopped up. They cooked the chopped venison in a large cast iron kettle over a fire. They mixed in minced onion then lightly seasoned the kettle with caraway, coriander seed, ground mustard, fennel, bay leaves, and some oil. They cooked the chopped meat in the kettle like that for four to five hours. They when it was tender deglaze the kettle with brandy. The end result was a thick sauce and not a stew. The flavor was subtle and not over powering. Each helping was garnished with fresh coriander leaves and served with potatoes. Everyone left full and buzzed on mulled wine. It was pretty cool to experience a different hunting culture.