Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
mexican lasagna at the station tonight.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Looks can be deceiving .....Those T Bones were the worst ! I was at Krogers the other day to buy a couple boxes of cajun batter that's back in the seafood / meat deli & I always stop & stare at all the goodness. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw they had fresh pork belly and even crab cakes ! I didn't have any more money, so I waited until today to go back & get some. Before I left this morning, I started up my Bradley smoker ( first time in ever ), in anticipation. Just my luck, they were completely out. While there, I spied a great deal on T Bone three packs. I almost took some home, but on the package , it said " meat CH T Bone ". I didn't know what that meant, so I passed on them. They looked really good though. I was hoping to see some crab cakes, but they were out of them too. Anyway, back home later on, I was really bummed about the belly, when telling my wife about the steaks. We weren't sure what were going to have for supper & after having a beer, I had the dumb idea to go back into town to the other Krogers deli. Not only did they not have the belly, the lady there told me they never have it & almost didn't believe me about what I had seen at the other. Anyway, they did have the crab cakes, so I got a couple & found the same t bones as well, so I decided to try them.

To make this long story short, them steaks were tough !!!! I had seared the outside & then raised them up of the flames a good bit while I fried up the cakes & was greatly disappointed. The cakes were really good, but shame on me for falling for the steaks. I'm starting to think the " CH " stands for something of a lower class type of meat. I dunno.

Last edited:

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Looks can be deceiving .....Those T Bones were the worst ! I was at Krogers the other day to buy a couple boxes of cajun batter that's back in the seafood / meat deli & I always stop & stare at all the goodness. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw they had fresh pork belly and even crab cakes ! I didn't have any more money, so I waited until today to go back & get some. Before I left this morning, I started up my Bradley smoker ( first time in ever ), in anticipation. Just my luck, they were completely out. While there, I spied a great deal on T Bone three packs. I almost took some home, but on the package , it said " meat CH T Bone ". I didn't know what that meant, so I passed on them. They looked really good though. I was hoping to see some crab cakes, but they were out of them too. Anyway, back home later on, I was really bummed about the belly, when telling my wife about the steaks. We weren't sure what were going to have for supper & after having a beer, I had the dumb idea to go back into town to the other Krogers deli. Not only did they not have the belly, the lady there told me they never have it & almost didn't believe me about what I had seen at the other. Anyway, they did have the crab cakes, so I got a couple & found the same t bones as well, so I decided to try them.

To make this long story short, them steaks were tough !!!! I had seared the outside & then raised them up of the flames a good bit while I fried up the cakes & was greatly disappointed. The cakes were really good, but shame on me for falling for the steaks. I'm starting to think the " CH " stands for something of a lower class type of meat. I dunno.
That sucks...they sure did look good on the grill.

Reactions: MoonLab