Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

Jamie

Ohio
smoked salmon (fresh from the smoker) salad and bread fresh from the oven. a nice Argentinian Malbec to warsh it down.

IMG_2059.jpg

Jamie

Ohio
chicken fried rice.

shoulda been shrimp, but the head chef dropped the ball prior to his trip to Costco last week. crustaceans barely missed with boneless chicken thighs in their place. fried rice is easy and fucking delish. is best to use left over rice that is a few days old so that it gets dried out a bit and isn't too sticky. was left over rosemary rice this time instead of jasmine rice. rosemary rice is Basmati rice with some sautéed shallots, garlic, fresh rosemary and Parmesano Reggiano. I got a real carbon steel wok for Christmas, much like the ones they use at the takey-outey Chinese restaurants. I had to hand season the thing, which is akin to seasoning cast iron, except I couldn't throw it on the grill overnight. pain in the ass, but worth it. that is about half of what I actually made.

IMG_2061.JPG

Jamie

Ohio
Hank Shaw's smoked salmon pasta. if you happen to have some hot smoked salmon, I'd highly recommend trying this. super easy, and very, very good. was very surprising, but in a good way. I used dried herbs instead of fresh for convenience sake, and it was a little bit dry, so I finished with a nice drizzle of truffle infused olive oil. just what the doctor ordered, and added another layer of flavor that was a welcome addition.

https://honest-food.net/smoked-salmon-pasta-recipe/

IMG_2062.JPG