Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Weed Whacker Trimmer Line

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
With the new house comes new issues I didn’t incur at the old one. Going from a city lot too a rural property showed some unpreparedness in the weed whacking dept. The box store variety of trimmer line just wasn’t cutting it.... I went through 275 yards of line in a month and a half. Where as it used too last more than a season. Did some research online and found some really good reviews on the Cyclone brand trimmer line. Decided to pick some up and give it a whirl, boy am I glad I did. I used too go through a half dozen respooling each time I weed whacked. Doing the property line as well as our 3/4 mile long driveway, I’d cut multiple lengths each time I would weed whack and put some in my pockets and the rest in the truck as I went along. Well when I switched too the Cyclone brand I filled the spool before starting and cut a couple of lengths for refills and got cracking on it.
I did the perimeter of our home and then started on the driveway. Did the whole job with the one fill. Too say I was surprised was an understatement. It preformed great and cut way better then anything I previously used. So if you’re not happy with the line your currently using give this a try. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. I also picked up a spool mount and mounted the spool in the shed on the wall too keep it for easy dispensing. Easy too do and and handy for pulling out line and locking it in so the line doesn’t unspool needlessly. I got the 800’ roll and after using it I think it’ll last me a few years if not more 😂 This made the whole process a lot easier and smoother and mounting it on the wall keeps it nice and neat.
ABA4536A-AD0D-4B27-BCD3-C595D085FDB1.jpeg
4448E604-ECFD-4B97-85C0-10E4E8C88F26.jpeg

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Nice. I’m gonna give it a shot next year. Wished you posted earlier lol. I just bought a roll of Stihl strings. It’s okay.
583D03DF-AF7E-42B2-B557-B6B577B1FFD9.jpeg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You think he gives a crap when he does his field about your grass?! 🤣

Probably RU ready beans anyways.
Tops are turning.... I had too many pokers in the fire when I missed my opportunity too spray. I won’t make that mistake twice 😂
Picked up a power sprayer and it’ll make short work of it....

Reactions: giles

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
That’s why you got them youngins around [emoji23]
Tell em to take a day off of chasing critters and commence too cutting [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Decisions decisions. Let’s see.... start a fight w them and now the wife is mad at me or let them hunt n fish, eat good and mommas happy. Easy choice if your smart. Me I want both