Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Way To Represent Ohio University!

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
College students are being brainwashed with such hatred that their emotions take over and their only response is yelling and physical assault, it is going to end up badly at some point.

They are not being educated from kindergarten all the way through college. If you you send your children to public school, make sure you are supplementing their education in your homes.

Troubling times are on the horizon.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Unfortunately my younger sister, 8 years younger than me, would fall into "that crowd" seen in the video. Maybe not as in your face as some of those students were, but she does share the same beliefs and carries a similar mentality(trump hater syndrome). I like to stir the pot on her social media accounts because 90% of her followers and friends are far left. I can't get through to her, but on countless occasions have rendered her to acting like the children in the video by stating simple facts. Sad really...

We watched it on the TV/YouTube last night and Allen and my wife saw it for the first time. LMAO my wife was literally shaking she was so upset at how those kids acted. Definitely parents that caused this, parents blaming everyone else for their kid's shortcomings. Allen was pretty surprised to see kids not too much older than him acting that way. The part that still got me was where the one boy was talking to her about how they are treated if they know you are conservative. He went further and said if they know you are a Republican you will get spit on there. What was even more eerie was how some of the guys there were following her around and bumping in to her on purpose. Good indication they're not all there when it comes to how to treat a woman period.

Chass

The Hills
I will state she does bait those reactions hard which is why I dont care for her. If i went up as a man to those that she slams a microphone in their face and asks the baited questions she asks, I'd expect to get punched in the mouth by anyone with a set myself and wouldn't really fault them for it. It's a circus by both sides and should just be ignored because you cant trust what you see from any of them. I also cant stand the type that enjoys to be aggressive towards people then get in their face and tell them they are armed, which she also likes to do. She does a horrible job at representing respectable gun owners.

Clay Showalter

Guilford County
I can not understand how grown men can just stand around and watch young men bump into a lady. I am feeling old, because back when I was college aged that kind of stuff would get you an ass beating real quick.

That is the problem all this little brats:
never been told no
never been made to do without
never been made to work
never been told there is right and there is wrong
never been made accountable for their actions

and last most certainly not least but most important

Never had their asses beat for disobeying, disrespect, disregard, or for just being a little ass, so they get older and act like big asses, I will not call them grown up because they are far from it.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Rich- I'm a 1975 model myself. Happened before my time. For the record: pure coincidence that song came on the radio. The Ohio National Guard isn't real proud of this event.

OU incident? Disgusting. Blatant disrespect. It is fine for the liberal left to say and do what they want. If your opinion doesn't align with theirs they don't feel you should have the same rights. Pisses me off. I don't care if they express their opinions. That is their right. Don't prevent opposing views from expressing theirs.

I was on KSU Campus 1970 the day of the National Guard shooting - lot of shit going on the days before the shootings - riots downtown - fires in the streets - car and store windows smashed ROTC building burned - liberal violence - Allison Krause one of the dead was not a student - she drifted from college to college as a proster - some innocent kids ln their way to class were killed

Isaacorps

Columbus
I will state she does bait those reactions hard which is why I dont care for her. If i went up as a man to those that she slams a microphone in their face and asks the baited questions she asks, I'd expect to get punched in the mouth by anyone with a set myself and wouldn't really fault them for it. It's a circus by both sides and should just be ignored because you cant trust what you see from any of them. I also cant stand the type that enjoys to be aggressive towards people then get in their face and tell them they are armed, which she also likes to do. She does a horrible job at representing respectable gun owners.
This 👍🏼👍🏼

By baiting you mean when she asked the girl why she called her a racist after the questions about presidents? I agree it did turn into a circus but at the same time who else is stepping forward and making these liberal nuts uncomfortable. She may not be a spit polished speaker but at least she is trying to create dialogue. Just as she said it worked out well at the University of Akron.

Reactions: hickslawns

Chass

The Hills
By baiting you mean when she asked the girl why she called her a racist after the questions about presidents? I agree it did turn into a circus but at the same time who else is stepping forward and making these liberal nuts uncomfortable. She may not be a spit polished speaker but at least she is trying to create dialogue. Just as she said it worked out well at the University of Akron.
That's nothing at all. Like going up to minorities and ask race baiting questions or the one that will hit home to everyone here would be walking up to your extremely young child on the street and asking them very inappropriate disrespectful adult questions that they will then have a lot of questions for you about that you now have to deal with at whatever age instead of an appropriate age. I'm sure most here would have a major problem with that. Shes not creating a dialogue, shes creating a show. A dialogue requires communication from both sides.

Creamer

Athens
While I cant stand that girl myself she does a good job proving a point that generally speaking that crowd only cares about free speech when it is their own. Its absolutely ridiculous how far they downplayed it where if you were to do that to one of those OUPD cruisers you would he in cuffs and charges pressed but that was all just normal civil discourse there.
I've never understood Athens and it's like the people that live there are in some weird little bubble and they've never left their 5 square mile city. Leave the city and the mentality is completely swapped. Other than the stores I'd guess most of the rural community wouldn't care if the place vanished cause they sure dont represent the county itself.

That is exactly it. It's a high-population little blue island here. I live here and I work here, and some days it's pretty tough for me to stomach. But you know what, I consider myself to be a pretty tolerant person. Your opinions and beliefs don't have to mirror mine in order for me to get along with you, work with you, or have a civilized conversation. There's a lot of folks here who are not like that, though. Had it been a left-leaning person run out or harassed by a conservative group, it would be a very different portrayal here.

Reactions: Jamie and tracker 6

Clay Showalter

Guilford County
That is exactly it. It's a high-population little blue island here. I live here and I work here, and some days it's pretty tough for me to stomach. But you know what, I consider myself to be a pretty tolerant person. Your opinions and beliefs don't have to mirror mine in order for me to get along with you, work with you, or have a civilized conversation. There's a lot of folks here who are not like that, though. Had it been a left-leaning person run out or harassed by a conservative group, it would be a very different portrayal here.

Is the here you are talking about Athens or this groups? Because I for one would not and have not excused it when a liberal person is attacked by a conservative group or person.

That's nothing at all. Like going up to minorities and ask race baiting questions or the one that will hit home to everyone here would be walking up to your extremely young child on the street and asking them very inappropriate disrespectful adult questions that they will then have a lot of questions for you about that you now have to deal with at whatever age instead of an appropriate age. I'm sure most here would have a major problem with that. Shes not creating a dialogue, shes creating a show. A dialogue requires communication from both sides.

I'm not even sure where you are going on this. Yes dialogue does require communication from both sides, clearly there was an attempt to talk civilly and those who talked over, chanted, cussed out, threw stuff, etc.. The reason I mentioned the original racist comment was because that was where it all went south and with that crowd, the way they fed off of each other, there was no turning back.

Chass

The Hills
I'm not even sure where you are going on this. Yes dialogue does require communication from both sides, clearly there was an attempt to talk civilly and those who talked over, chanted, cussed out, threw stuff, etc.. The reason I mentioned the original racist comment was because that was where it all went south and with that crowd, the way they fed off of each other, there was no turning back.
Let's try this.
If I go to mcdonalds and pick out fat people ordering big mac's, put a microphone in their face and ask them if they understand that that is making them obese and they will most likely die early from it, they get pissed and follow me out to my vehicle. I start recording them throwing drinks at me and the post just the interaction in the parking lot and say this is what happens when a trump supporter tries to order McDonald's I'd be just as full of shit as she is.
It's simple, shes not wanting a civil discourse. If she was her visits wouldn't be surprise visits to begin with. It would be setup prior where there would be an audience.
Her initial public appearance with her grad photo, I completely support. Theres no way i can support what she does now. Shes stoking the fire and widening the divide. Theres a correct way to go about this and shes not the slight bit interested.

Bigcountry40

I had only watched and listened to bits and pieces of her work which was only minute or 2 clips. I actually researched her a little and watch some of her work after reading post about her on hear, I retract my earlier opinion from yesterday.

Let's try this.
If I go to mcdonalds and pick out fat people ordering big mac's, put a microphone in their face and ask them if they understand that that is making them obese and they will most likely die early from it, they get pissed and follow me out to my vehicle. I start recording them throwing drinks at me and the post just the interaction in the parking lot and say this is what happens when a trump supporter tries to order McDonald's I'd be just as full of shit as she is.
It's simple, shes not wanting a civil discourse. If she was her visits wouldn't be surprise visits to begin with. It would be setup prior where there would be an audience.
Her initial public appearance with her grad photo, I completely support. Theres no way i can support what she does now. Shes stoking the fire and widening the divide. Theres a correct way to go about this and shes not the slight bit interested.

So you are saying she edited the video of her insulting those people, riling them up and then made a video to make them look bad? O-K..... I guess it could have happened. Wonder why with all those phones in the air there hasn't been a push back showing her being racist, homophobe, fascist, etc....... If by trying to change minds and standing up for what you believe in is stoking the fire then so be it. It's time people stop being afraid to admit they are a conservative, second Amendment, right to life, pro LEGAL immigration, etc.. To justify these kids actions because you don't like her approach is part of why these kids act this way.

Jamie

Ohio
Theres a correct way to go about this and shes not the slight bit interested.

I don't know anything about this young woman as this place (TOO) is the closest thing to "social media" that I care to spend my precious time on. based on what I saw on that video, everyone that she engaged in conversation was clearly offended just by her being there, and eager to get right up in her face with their usual insults and suppositions while refusing/unable to defend their position. it's a two way street. all of those students could have simply declined to talk to her or just gone about their business, but that isn't what budding leftists do. their first instinct is to shout you down, then beat you down if shouting you down doesn't work. So, I'm very curious to find out what is the "correct" way to go about engaging leftists.