Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

warm water discharges

Milo

Tatonka guide.
no seriously teh best thing to do it get a boat and go on a cruise. look for treatment facilities and power plants. most the water coming out of those are 60 degrees.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Its easy, float to the power plant, and stick your hand in the water. LOL

seriously, i could tellyou exactly where the one is on the ohio river by the power plants when you go

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Most of the discharges on the river are directly behind the plants with limmited access to them and boat is the only way to get to most of them... A lot of the power plants are off limmits since 9/11... I had a Army national gaurdsman aiming his M-60 at me (it was mounted on a Humvee) after 9/11 at Midlands plant with both my kids on board fishing by the power plant.... Their interpitation of 500 feet was differant than mine apparently....

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Your more than likely only going to get their by boat, with all the terrorsit stuff they have fenced off the plants pretty hard and have armed guards and stuff around.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Most of the discharges on the river are directly behind the plants with limmited access to them and boat is the only way to get to most of them... A lot of the power plants are off limmits since 9/11... I had a Army national gaurdsman aiming his M-60 at me (it was mounted on a Humvee) after 9/11 at Midlands plant with both my kids on board fishing by the power plant.... Their interpitation of 500 feet was differant than mine apparently....

funny thing to see, a 65-70 year old man with a ar-15 walking around like barney fife, its pretty comical. I get nervous around them guys

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Most warm water discharges are from industrial entities and they're off limits from shoreline.... at least from my experience the signs say so and around the nuke plants the armed guards say so lol.... my boat gives me more access then the shore fishing folks....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Just unspool some line and add about a pound sinker on there and use one of those 3 man sling shots and launch it to get to the warm disharge you need the boat to get too lmao.