Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Velvet 2023

Bighoun52

In the woods
Now that turkey seasons over or about over in most the state, is it too early to be getting excited for deer hunting? I don’t think so! I’ll kick it off
IMG_7754.png

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Wildlife, I can’t remember what junior looked like last year. And how old do you think he is

Junior is a (5) five year old buck warrior.

His last day with his last set of antlers earlier this year.
20230523_214249.gif

He's the resident buck that got shot with a 🏹 long bow-n-arrow last November, and survived!
He's strong, tough, and a hard worker I tell ya. He's no pushover, that's for sure!

Junior's arrow
-------------------
Today, he seems to be totally healthy. No ill effects from what I can tell other than the slight blemish/scar on his upper right shoulder. That's it yet he continues to act and behave perfectly normal each time he shows up.

296bd373-cd6d-4a24-b987-8e5b4da1d36d.jpg

We'll just have play the 'wait & see' game regarding if that injury will have any wild affect towards his antler growth this year.
-------------------
Good luck to you this year man! You always seem to produce so, I look forward to seeing them.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome. I’m trying to figure out who some of the bucks I have on cam are from last year. Not many have unique characteristics that I can follow yet. I might know the dude in the second pic. The notch out of his ear looks familiar View attachment 178810View attachment 178811
Notch means Hims was wide last year as well which should also be helpful on ID.👍🏻

Reactions: Bighoun52