Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Urban deer

Smawgunner

Athens
I live in Clintonville, a suburb of Columbus. We have several ravines and the Olentangy river corridor where deer run with no predators with the exception of a Chevy or Ford now and then. Some of these guys can get pretty damn big. Here is one a neighbor took a pic of a few weeks ago chilling in his backyard!
E1EA5B53-D19A-4B27-82D9-C6C30D537656.jpeg

Floki

Man that’s a nice deer. Almost looks like a mount. Great picture.

I use to live in Ctown little turtle community. There was a field about a mile away from us. I lived off long riffle. Anyhow you go out make a left (not towards the fire station the other way out) and go about a half mile down the road make a right. There was a small field on the right .I called it the field of Dreams .Before season came in you could go by, you would see every type of deer/buck you would ever want to kill in it.

High racks,ungodly high racks, wide racks, non typical racks double drop tines.
You name it it was there. I can’t remember the name of the road. I do know there was a gas station at end of the road I believe it was a dairy farmers gas station.

Anyhow I have never personally witnessed anything like this field before in my life. It was unreal. Looked like one of those fields on a “professional hunting show”

Once season came in. Gone.
Anyone else know where I’m talking about?

Reactions: Smawgunner

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Let’s just say I would not be a good neighbor unless your tired of them deer killing your trees or eating your rose bushes. Must be a shit ton of liberals in Ohio 🤣

Reactions: Smawgunner2