Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TV's What's your Preference????

Fletch

Supporting Member
Looking to get a 65 inch or bigger tv for my son for Xmas... I have all Samsung's in my house which have served me well... Friend is saying to get an LG... What's your opinion????

NAC1989

Clark county
In my experience stay away from LG. I have a 55” I bought in 2018 and honestly I can’t wait for it to die. Actually had to return the first one because it had a line of dead pixels (missed my sign to get a different brand :unsure:)A month after the 1 year warranty expired the WiFi card went out in it which causes an annoying message to appear in the corner telling you you have been disconnected from the network and sometimes it will show that message over and over again. Now it just does random shit like shut off for no reason or the sound will quit working for upwards of 10 seconds. May have just got a bad one but I know I won’t buy anything they make now.

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
Thanks guys... I'm leaning towards Samsung as I said earlier I have 3 and are pleased... But someone was pushing LG so I figured I'd ask... I have a Vizio in bedroom and it acts up every now and again....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Our Vizeo is not impressive. Did my research beforehand. Fails to connect to internet. We use the kid's XBox to hook to internet. Has some white dots where pixels are gone. Just a handful. Have to have just the right lighting to notice. Still. . . Not impressed. Will not go with Vizeo again.

Reactions: Fletch

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Samsung. Bought two in the last two months. A new one for the bedroom and living room. I have an older Samsung flatscreen that I've had for 15 years thats in the man cave now. I don't have experience with other brands but the Samsungs have served me well. I actually have another 20 inch in the workout room also that I forgot about, much like the work out room. 😅

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Samsung. But... I also have a 55" TCL Roku TV and it's solid. But the 60" Samsung in our living room is 11 years old and has never skipped a beat. Same TV is $500 now and MSRP was $2K when it came out. Crazy how prices have dropped and tech/quality have only gone up.

Reactions: Sgt Fury and Fletch

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Samsung. But... I also have a 55" TCL Roku TV and it's solid. But the 60" Samsung in our living room is 11 years old and has never skipped a beat. Same TV is $500 now and MSRP was $2K when it came out. Crazy how prices have dropped and tech/quality have only gone up.

Funny story there. LG and Samsung we're always market leaders in the flat screen TV space. They got busted about 5 years ago price fixing under the guise of competition. Basically if they both keep prices high then people would question the quality of anything much cheaper. Since they got nailed in a trust lawsuit in S Korea the price of TVs has dropped like a stone.