Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Trying something new (to me)

Creamer

Athens
I saw online that Mike Rex got some cool photos having a turkey decoy set up in the open with a camera watching it. Lots of predators came into the decoy. I had been wanting to try this in our yard, just to see what would approach one here practically in the suburbs, but didn't have a turkey decoy to spare. Then it hit me, I had an old woodpecker predator decoy. I dug it out of the gear storage area, drove a piece of an osage limb into the ground, and zip tied the decoy to the limb. I'll give it a while to soak and post up the results.

.... walked down to get the mail yesterday & this lady was walking by... we get walkers all the time . She stopped & asked if I see the deer. I said yeah, damn thing keeps eating my grass. She just stood there & stared as I walked away.
Reminds me of the time our neighbor was out walking on our farm and walked up on my buck decoy I had in the food plot. He couldn't figure out why it wouldn't run off til I spoke to him from the treestand. LMAO!

Creamer

Athens
So far, nothing exciting. I did a quick card check yesterday but didn't save any of the pics yet. Raccoons, possum, deer. No real predators yet. I was banking on our resident red fox I have seen all spring. I haven't seen him in a little while, hopefully a coyote didn't snag him.