Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Trumpet calls

Creamer

Athens
Any of you guys use them? I kept seeing pics of them on Instagram and decided to try to make one. I used a combination of rosewood and mulberry on this one.

The trickier part was figuring out how to make a wood stopper for the mouthpiece. The components I ordered included some black rubber stoppers, but I wanted to do something wood that would still function like a stopper. I settled on this. I cut a rubbery synthetic wine cork down to a smaller diameter.

Glued it into a chunk of mulberry.

Clamped and glued thin pieces of rosewood to the mulberry to encase it.

Then turned it down and drilled it. So it still holds position and stays put like a rubber stopper but looks like wood.

There's definitely a learning curve with these things. I feel like I can make it sound pretty good one minute and like a psychotic chipmunk the next.

Any of you guys use them? I kept seeing pics of them on Instagram and decided to try to make one. I used a combination of rosewood and mulberry on this one.

The trickier part was figuring out how to make a wood stopper for the mouthpiece. The components I ordered included some black rubber stoppers, but I wanted to do something wood that would still function like a stopper. I settled on this. I cut a rubbery synthetic wine cork down to a smaller diameter.

Glued it into a chunk of mulberry.

Clamped and glued thin pieces of rosewood to the mulberry to encase it.

Then turned it down and drilled it. So it still holds position and stays put like a rubber stopper but looks like wood.

There's definitely a learning curve with these things. I feel like I can make it sound pretty good one minute and like a psychotic chipmunk the next.
Some of the worst turkey callers I ever heard turned out to be actual birds! I have a Putt's NWTF glass call that I cracked the glass on and to me it sounds like crap. But it is the last thing several long beards ever heard! It

You've made a beauty there now go kill some birds with it!

Reactions: Creamer