Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tree Saddles

Anyone on here hunt from one? I have always said that they wouldn't be for me, but I have been doing some research on them. Hang-ons bother me with my fear of heights, but I think if I was facing the tree with the saddle that I would be ok with that. I would like the weight savings over my climber. Only thing surprising about them is the darn things are pricey for what they are.

Reactions: Mike

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm surprised that you think you would feel safer in a saddle than in a treestand. I have somewhat of a fear of heights too... Not really treestand height, but higher stuff. I don't think I would feel different about either one. You're strapped into the tree either way. I think the concept of the tree saddle is pretty cool, but I'd have to definitely take one for a test drive before committing to it. I really like my treestands.

I'm surprised that you think you would feel safer in a saddle than in a treestand. I have somewhat of a fear of heights too... Not really treestand height, but higher stuff. I don't think I would feel different about either one. You're strapped into the tree either way. I think the concept of the tree saddle is pretty cool, but I'd have to definitely take one for a test drive before committing to it. I really like my treestands.

As funny as it is (because it is all mental) if I have something to hold onto or have a rail in front of me it doesn't bother me. If I put a hangon in a tree that has another tree in front of it, it doesn't bother me as much. I think with having that rope in front of me and facing the tree that it wouldn't bother me. I was looking at a Tethrd Mantis and they do offer a 30 day money back guarantee. At this point I am not buying anything until next year, but just doing some research on it.

alpacajeff

Tree saddles are the way to go but they do have a learning curve where a lot of guys give up. You can' t buy a saddle and go hunt that night, find someone who has one and ask him for help, ask if you can try his while he is there, that will eliminate most the little things you fumble through and get discouraged. I hunted out of mine a couple of times and then found out I didn' t have a lot of range of motion to shoot! Moved the feather up a foot and could shoot 360 and was steadier than a stand because you can lean against the tree for another point of contact, it is like anything else advanced. If you want to go to college you know that you will have to study more than high school, check out saddlehuntet.com

Buckkillr

Athens
I built one over the winter to give it a try. Mostly because I like hunting new spots, even if it's only 10 yds away and carrying in my aluminum ladder (8lbs) and essentially a pound worth of tree stand is very appealing.

Reactions: Creamer