Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Transportation Research Center lottery hunt

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Congrats!, they drew for the quail hollow park today and said they sent out emails. I didnt get one so assuming I didn't get picked . Think I got an email at least stating that I didn't get picked last year . We shall see. Best of luck on the hunt sir

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
I was drawn a few years ago, got the last pick of the locations, had does just out of range, and my buddy wounded a doe. There was about a 140" buck in our section, just couldn't get close enough. He liked to stay in the standing corn.

Just to the north of us, a guy whose parents are in the whitetail industries and new to Ohio shot a 170" typical on his 1st sit.

whitetailjunky3

I didn’t get drew either but I have heard from a previous employee that took care of the grounds there are some big ones in there!

I've never heard of anyone getting "picked". However, I've gone to the East Liberty drawing sign ups and have been picked, for the late season hunt. Perhaps the DNR has included it into their drawings program.
It really helps to talk to someone that has hunted it before, to know what sections are good. 🤔 These hunts are bow only, unless you get one of the sections on the west side of Rt. 33. The section I was drawn for had very little deer activity and a few coyotes. The GWs are there to enforce game regulations and make sure everyone stays on the section they're drawn.

The East Liberty (TRC) personnel are there to manage the people that get drawn. This includes moving you to a section that isn't being hunted. By that I mean, if you're hunting section B and you let them know you're willing to move to section G, if anyone doesn't show up or drops out for any reason. This worked in my favor as I was in a section next to the test track, that was short of wildlife. A hunting buddy of mine was in a better section and his partner dropped out, so I was able to move.

I dropped out after not seeing the amount of deer that I was led to believe were there. :rolleyes: I seen a few deer, but at distance and after legal hours. It was an hour drive, plus it's only on the weekends. I have properties closer, with more deer, less "regulations/rules" and no hunting pressure.
*** There are regulations imposed by East Liberty (TRC), like:
* Tape over the camera on your cell phone.
* Field dressing must be done out of sight of TRC personnel.
* Sign in begins at 5 a.m. and you must check out.
They encourage you to NOT bother with shooting coyotes, but want any wild pigs shot on sight....of which there are NONE. I seen guys driving from as far as Gallipolis, to hunt this property and I have no idea why. 🤔
There are deer there, but it has a lot to do with which section you are hunting. :cool: