Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tow rig/daily driver

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Keeps people from hitting your rear.
51128377-6042-4F09-A4E2-1CD461C291C2.gif

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yep, I hated them when they first came out, now I use it as often as my mirrors. Love being able to see the ball and hitch alignment, much more efficient for hook ups.
I ignored it for a while but get gravitating too it. The 14 Tundra was the only truck I owned that didn’t have a cattywampus license plate...

Reactions: 5Cent

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Went last night and picked up a 2020 GMC 1500. It is the AT4 trim package. Has the 3.0L inline 6 Duramax in it. So far I am pretty impressed with the torque of the diesel. Only drove a 60 mile trip from the stealership to home so far so we will see how she does over time. Now I need to get serious about selling Ole Blue.View attachment 110420

Jon, I am sure you read all about it, but curious if the dealer brought up the oil pump belt and the need to drop tranny and transfer case at 150K for inspection/replace. I stopped keeping up on all the 1/2 diesel designs and now that there are some real world numbers on all 3 makes, its shaping up to be an interesting race. I think this category is long overdue and is only going to get better as folks understand the value of having a diesel in 1/2tons, especially as capacities increase with chassis designs ans materials.

That rubber belt in an oil bath just makes ya scratch your head tho.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Jon, I am sure you read all about it, but curious if the dealer brought up the oil pump belt and the need to drop tranny and transfer case at 150K for inspection/replace. I stopped keeping up on all the 1/2 diesel designs and now that there are some real world numbers on all 3 makes, its shaping up to be an interesting race. I think this category is long overdue and is only going to get better as folks understand the value of having a diesel in 1/2tons, especially as capacities increase with chassis designs ans materials.

That rubber belt in an oil bath just makes ya scratch your head tho.

I did read all about it. Not sure why they went with that design instead of the standard chain. It does make you ask WTF.

We will see what happens when we get close to that 150k number. If I am still the owner I will probably pay the $1k to have it done. I figure that the chances of we having to have it done more than once probably isn't going to happen.

I also read somewhere that there is enough room to unbolt the tranny and transfer case and slide them back toward the rear to give access to the belt. Still a pain in the ass that make no sense.

Reactions: 5Cent

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
No. I really don't expect them too any more. Most of them do not know anything about the vehicles. It's unfortunate.

In other news. Ol' Blue just pulled out of the driveway for the last time. He is headed up towards urbana now.

Yeah, true statement but I always felt every dealer should have that go to truck guy, especially with cutting edge, 1st model, 1st fuel type in the 1/2 ton class. Not just another model year, but truck history changing for US GM offerings.

Happy & sad day for you & ol blue.....in my thoughts. Never easy😪