Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tow rig/daily driver

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I dont get in a tizzy over people's personal preferences, never have never will.....especially the ford vs chevy or domestic vs import conversation, its just fun conversation. I have been in manufacturing my entire professional career. I know how things are designed, I know how they are assembled and I know the "strategic cost reductions" they all do to increase margin. All things fail, including space shuttles due to inadequate oring swell calculations. Shit happens, but its accelerated when people abuse and don't care of their mechanical items either.

Like Dave said, do what works for you. I do fault people for bashing and not doing something about it. Just like Dave did when he bought his Ford, J/Brian/Jim on their Yotas. Bash away on GM, I dont own the company lol!
Yota’s rule Chevys drool..... 😂

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Don’t sheep herd up like that? 😂

1. Yotas hold their value so much so, poor southerners can't afford them.
2. Yotas and Fords can't haul or pull a turd to save their lives.
3. Not if, but when things break, you don't want to deal with a cab-off design for moderate repair work.
4. Your sheep remark is an insult as a traitor from the north, to these good old Texas folks in line.
5. The only one drooling is you J, glue your teeth back on and get your cane😆🖕

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I counted 23 GM, 3 Fords 2 Jeeps, 1 Dodge and 1 Yota....for the trucks. That little white car must have the helmets and sleeping items.

Could be why the south lost, could be why GM continues to sell trucks, could be why GMs dominate on the pulling track. A couple blokes on an outdoor forum comparing a Caddy and used GMs with 100K+ miles just doesn't hold any weight to me and I highly recommend it not for others. Do your own research and buy what fits the bill and need....even if its a Nissan. No fucks given😚.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I counted 23 GM, 3 Fords 2 Jeeps, 1 Dodge and 1 Yota....for the trucks. That little white car must have the helmets and sleeping items.

Could be why the south lost, could be why GM continues to sell trucks, could be why GMs dominate on the pulling track. A couple blokes on an outdoor forum comparing a Caddy and used GMs with 100K+ miles just doesn't hold any weight to me and I highly recommend it not for others. Do your own research and buy what fits the bill and need....even if its a Nissan. No fucks given😚.
Doesn’t Nissan have a Cummins in nowadays?

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Doesn’t Nissan have a Cummins in nowadays?

Did till '20 production year.....Nissan does not fit into my "truck" category, more along the lines of a crossover/Ridgeline hybrid. Groceries and hauling some trash is about all Id want to haul or tow with one.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
I don't want 5cent or Clay to think I'm piling on the anti-GM band wagon. I had a run of bad luck. So for the record: They all suck. Sooner or later they all break. For work trucks I lean Ford or Dodge for one reason: solid front axle to hold a 9'2" vee plow.

As it stands currently we own: Hondas, Toyotas, 3 Isuzu cab overs, Ford's, Dodges, Jeeps, a Chevy II, one VW Beetle in the weeds rotting, and just bought my son a Subaru. I'm an equal opportunity guy. I'm not afraid to try them all.

Na you are good, also I only have dealings with gas trucks, so I can’t speak to diesels.

I do know the LS/LT vortex motors are some of the best engines there are now.

Also compared to 30-40 years ago, all of the new cars and trucks are light years better in terms of reliability and life expectancy. It is nothing unusual for a new car to last over 200k or more

Reactions: giles

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Na you are good, also I only have dealings with gas trucks, so I can’t speak to diesels.

I do know the LS/LT vortex motors are some of the best engines there are now.

Also compared to 30-40 years ago, all of the new cars and trucks are light years better in terms of reliability and life expectancy. It is nothing unusual for a new car to last over 200k or more
Yep, people these days would come unglued if they had too put tires on every 20k miles, changed starters, alternators, water pumps a couple times before breaking 100k miles. Pulling over on the side of the road too re-gap the points. 😂😂