Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I’m joining this thread. Since having our son, life’s just been busy (excuses). I haven’t been sleeping well at nights, and it results in not working out before work. I am motivated to get back after it and support my wife’s efforts as well. Ran 6 miles last week. Got to pick it up!!

good luck to all!!

Stressless

Keene, OH
Weight won't kill you, but it really helps everything that will kill you get the job done.
20190728_120212.jpg

Taken back in mid 90's, my older brother was heavy, back then, obese is the correct term. As his only sibling, I was the only one that could talk to him about it, "Bill do you want to watch your kids grow up, see you grandchildren?"
He shrugged if off, got a heart condition at 49, dead at 51. Ten years ago last week.

I put this here as the average American packs on more and more weight, one looks around and thinks, "it's normal" to have a BMI > =30 or even close to that... folks that is obese and it will catch up to your health.

His kids were 15 and 17 when he passed. Coming thru those hard young man years without a dad.

Weight is a choice, not a condition. Hats off for this thread and to everyone starting, struggling, maintaining or thinking about getting healthy.

There's much love and strength in this forum to help you help yourself. Be well.

Last edited:

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Yep, time to get back at it again! Good luck to everyone on their adventures this year.

I slacked off cardio in summer n fall, put me right back to 220lbs. I didn't make my 199lb goal last year, but 1 positive is weight training has been consistent and enjoyable again. Time to shed the winter layer.

1st half of '22
Screenshot_20220627-112131_Sole+.jpg

2nd half of '22
Screenshot_20230104_153507_Sole+.jpg

Bowkills

Nw oh
Holidays hit hard. 14lb gain since thanksgiving day. Im not eating much next week and staying off my ass at night to jump start taking it off. Feeling like shit starting a new year again. Pretty much a party with buffet every weekend nov 25-jan7. I need to burn 20lb. I hope the inlaws have shitty food tomorrow.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Had to order a new scale and I'm down 6# since the 3rd. Mostly just excess glutton weight from the holidays, but a net # or two doesn't hurt. I'm working hard on my routine and decided that outweighed my carnivore experiment. I'm going to start that 2/6 now. I'll work on building new routines until then and am slowly settling into a groove. I foresee a bike in my future as I'd like to get the fresh air and I can easily scout deer in the summer while exercising, win-win!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Great progress so far, Clay! Keep grinding buddy!

I'm down 10#s as of this morning. It's not been as methodical and consistent as I'd like, but I'm trending in the right direction. If I could get back outside and get some manual labor in, that would help! I did get a good workout in last night while playing some Tool and it felt damn good to work out some frustration!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Took it up a notch this week, but man I hate running. Cranked out my fastest 10K last Sunday, and a 5K PR this past Friday. Unfortunately I didn't break my 30min target for the 5K, but it's within reach. It also didn't register in the app since I turned off the treadmill before connecting, lol😫.

My running motivation is a buddies 11yr old boy that broke into the 19s for a 5K this padt October. My Lord, if he can do that, I can sure as hell do better than where I'm at!

Screenshot_20230129_134349_Sole+.jpg

I'm also going to challenge myself this coming month in a way I never have since I started drinking alcohol, not a drop in February. I'll be 40 in June, I want a good baseline on my blood work and to be in the best shape since HS.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Took it up a notch this week, but man I hate running. Cranked out my fastest 10K last Sunday, and a 5K PR this past Friday. Unfortunately I didn't break my 30min target for the 5K, but it's within reach. It also didn't register in the app since I turned off the treadmill before connecting, lol😫.

My running motivation is a buddies 11yr old boy that broke into the 19s for a 5K this padt October. My Lord, if he can do that, I can sure as hell do better than where I'm at!

View attachment 172075

I'm also going to challenge myself this coming month in a way I never have since I started drinking alcohol, not a drop in February. I'll be 40 in June, I want a good baseline on my blood work and to be in the best shape since HS.
Seems like a lifetime ago that I was in grinding out the miles. PR 5K came many moons ago! Figured I'd give you a target 😉 You're a better man than I if you can go a month without booze. I should do the same, but I'm a weakling 😂

Screenshot_20230129_211706_MapMyRun.jpg