Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Turkey Report '18

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Connected at 7:02 this morning. Heard about 5-7 different birds around.
IMG_2854.JPG

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thinking about shooting my shotgun again. Or maybe take my OU out. Or maybe not. Then I would need to buy a tag and renew my license. Screw that.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Everyone I talked to today had good hunts. I went I'm tired try and roost a bird for a quick hunt before work no luck. Im off Saturday so that may be my first day out.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Congratulations fellas! I hunted until noon. Had two really close at 1130. No shots fired. Perfect. Mason the live coyote got a couple more to fire up tonight in the rain. I'm going to take a buddy after one of them in the morning. Good luck everyone

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I took a guy this morning in hopes of ganging up on a turkey we tried to kill all last season. He's still alive and well. I'm going to keep after him until I find him dead of old age.

Hunter II

One section of barbwire on the whole ridge and it is right behind my decoy. It won’t be there tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Turkey look so ugly when wet . Had a group of 5 Jake's come in early . One of which had a double beard . Pretty neat .
About 850 I saw a group of birds crossing the Rd . Which answered the age old question ... Why'd the turkey cross the Rd ???? Well, to get shot in the face on the other side .

Had 3 longbeard come in. Did my best to pick the biggest and shot him at 20 yds .
IMG_20180424_090547157.jpg
IMG_20180424_090558340.jpg

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Glad to finally kill a bird in the spot . As I sat there this morning I kept thinking how dumb I was . Been trying to kill a bird here for yrs but they generally stay across the Rd on no hunting property . Frustrating to say the least to hear em carrying on over there and not be able to go to them.

I saw birds strutting on the side of the Rd I can hunt l in the morning sat and Sunday so I sat there yesterday . No show . Went back today and they stuck to the script

Reactions: Spencie

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Well, after hitting two spots this morning with no luck I spotted a longbeard with a hen in the field at the third spot. Quickly took a dump and planned my move. Suited up with the ghillie net over my back and made my way slowly through the woods below the field. As I climbed the hill and got to the top I peaked over only to find that the fuggers disappeared. I set up a few feet off the field and let out some yelps, he answered back at about 80 yards, yelped again and he double gobbled. Now it's time to shut up. He gobbled again on his own and then I heard the hen putt, the bitch must of looked out into the field, and got nervous when she didn't see a hen. The longbeard stuck around, he walked 10 yards out in the field about 20 yards to my left, I couldn't move. Then he made his way back into the woods and I thought he was gone with the hen until he let out a gobble 10 yards behind me. Out of the corner of my right eye I see him making his way to the field. I was hoping he'd cut left and go right in front of me so I could draw when he went by for a quartering away shot, nope, he went straight into the field. As he was facing away from me at about 35 yards I drew back, fugger still caught my movement and was starting to make a run for it. I hit him with some yelps and he slowed down almost to a dead stop, figured him at 40, let it fly and missed a few inches to the left. It's tough on the ground with a bow, but so sweet when it comes together, still plenty of time and I'll be at it again shortly. Forgot to add that it was raining here all morning.