Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Projects Thread

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Dude @bowhunter1023 that is awesome. Very well done. What particular breed of chickens are they? I’m thinking of testing the waters and raising some meat birds…
They're Cornish Cross meat birds and they basically go from chick to food in 8 weeks. We picked them up July 7th and they'll be shown on September 3rd and sold on the 6th. I'll be butchering them on the 10th. Crazy how fast they grow, but it's also a short experiment if you don't like it. Layers take 8 months to give you food, so it's no comparison in terms of time-based ROI.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
They're Cornish Cross meat birds and they basically go from chick to food in 8 weeks. We picked them up July 7th and they'll be shown on September 3rd and sold on the 6th. I'll be butchering them on the 10th. Crazy how fast they grow, but it's also a short experiment if you don't like it. Layers take 8 months to give you food, so it's no comparison in terms of time-based ROI.
Great info. Thanks!

Reactions: bowhunter1023

Bigcountry40

716D2432-EAF7-4CB0-B4FD-79902E3B1729.jpeg

Just finished my roof on my porch, majority of the wood came from a old farm tear down and got the roofing screws from leftover jobs, $320 in metal. The wife is tickled