Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tip of the day.... FLASHLIGHT

Fletch

Supporting Member
Dan, Dustin check this light out if you want a super bright headlamp... Doug one of our hunting buddies bought one of these for everyone in Illinois one year... Freaking light is bright...
PXL_20201020_110301412.jpg

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have this headlamp and love it. I know a couple of others here do too. It has white spot and flood as well as red, green, and blue functions. They're all dimmable and retain their previous setting for off/on. That sucker is bright or ver dim depending on what you want. It also has one tap touch setting to go full bright and back dim. You just tap it on the side and it lights up.

https://amzn.to/3dLoEzZ

1603226578983.png

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
I have this headlamp and love it. I know a couple of others here do too. It has white spot and flood as well as red, green, and blue functions. They're all dimmable and retain their previous setting for off/on. That sucker is bright or ver dim depending on what you want. It also has one tap touch setting to go full bright and back dim. You just tap it on the side and it lights up.

View attachment 111934
Clap on clap off - oops mean tap

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I have both of those headlamps. Joes is extremely light and a little more money (worth it though).
Fletch's is a tad bulkier and cheaper....and will blind yer buddy at 30 yds.

Reactions: Fletch

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

View attachment 111934
Hated mine until I switched out the rechargeable pack for regular AAA lithium batteries. After that, loved it. Notice that’s in past tense. Last weekend I inadvertently flipped it off my hat and into a marsh. She gone....

Reactions: 5Cent

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hated mine until I switched out the rechargeable pack for regular AAA lithium batteries. After that, loved it. Notice that’s in past tense. Last weekend I inadvertently flipped it off my hat and into a marsh. She gone....

Interesting. Mine didn't come with a rechargeable pack. 4 regular AAA batteries last me a season and a long time around the house. Did you lose it in the marsh and couldn't find it?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Interesting. Mine didn't come with a rechargeable pack. 4 regular AAA batteries last me a season and a long time around the house. Did you lose it in the marsh and couldn't find it?
I think my headlamp was a slightly different model, but very similar.

I was guiding at a private marsh and we were running short on time. My hat was uncomfortable so I lifted it off my head to adjust, while forgetting I was wearing a headlamp. Plop... in the drink. In order to save time and hassle, I just simply never looked back. On our way back to the dock after the hunt I looked a little but it was nowhere to be found, so evidently it sank at some point.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I think my headlamp was a slightly different model, but very similar.

I was guiding at a private marsh and we were running short on time. My hat was uncomfortable so I lifted it off my head to adjust, while forgetting I was wearing a headlamp. Plop... in the drink. In order to save time and hassle, I just simply never looked back. On our way back to the dock after the hunt I looked a little but it was nowhere to be found, so evidently it sank at some point.

If I had a dollar for every time I sent one flying after doing the same thing, I could buy two of them.. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: jagermeister

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
For what it's worth, wife & I were at Wally World today & I remembered to look for those flashlights. All they had of that type were in a 12 ? pack for 10 bucks. They're 30 lumens as these here are 50 L & there were sold separately for $1.00.
20201023_140624.jpg

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
So I'm thinking of myself I want to get one of these quote as seen on TV on quote flashlight. So I'm thinking Menards has an as seen on TV section. A Menards is right around the corner from where I work, so off to Menards I go at lunch one day this week. So right as you walk in the door at Menards, there's a battery and flashlight section. I didn't find an 8000 Lumen headlamp like I was hoping, but I did find a nice little 400 lumen Eveready headlamp that I picked up for twenty bucks. If I want more I can go back and buy more and if I lose a $20 flashlight I won't be pissed off.
1021201922a.jpg
1021201922.jpg

So then I goes over to the As Seen On TV section, and they don't have that groovy headlamp. But they do have this job e that I'd seen on TV and wanted to get one so I picked one up and I'm glad I did
1023201749.jpg
1023201749_HDR.jpg
1023201748a.jpg

So the long and the short of it, the search still goes on. I have a proclivity for buying cheap things in case I lose them. So I will buy a bunch of different headlamps until I find one that I really really like, and then I'll buy a half dozen.