Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tinnitus

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Screenshot_20220226-232719_YouTube.jpg

Playing right now

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Late at night as things quiet down. That is when mine is most noticeable. I think I can sense when my BP is elevated by the ringing as well. From what I am reading, I don't have anything to complain about. Just a bit annoying. I do wear ear protection everytime I run chain saws, mowers, trimmers, etc. Occasionally jump in a skid loader without it but generally just short time periods like to load a scoop or two of mulch or salt. If running on a job site I bring ear plugs or muffs.

I blame my wife. My ears are protected when working. It is getting yelled at by her that has caused my hearing loss. 🤣. (she hates that joke. Probably because there is some truth to it. Her whole family is loud.)

Reactions: triple_duece
I don't have tinnitus going on yet (knock on wood) but this last year has been tough to hear everything. If two people are talking at the same time I really have to focus on one person and hopefully hear what they say, the other I have to apologize to for not listening. TV if anyone talks I miss what was said and often rewind to listen again. Just this last year though, covid related?? IDK

Jamie

Ohio
I don't have tinnitus going on yet (knock on wood) but this last year has been tough to hear everything. If two people are talking at the same time I really have to focus on one person and hopefully hear what they say, the other I have to apologize to for not listening. TV if anyone talks I miss what was said and often rewind to listen again. Just this last year though, covid related?? IDK
since I had Covid in February of 2020 my tinnitus has doubled in severity, and I've been diagnosed with hypertension for which I will need medication for the rest of my life. Coincidence? I realize that high blood pressure exacerbates tinnitus, but my ear ringing was not hardly noticeable until after I got Covid the first time and has gotten progressively worse over the last year and half. I would not be surprised if lingering effects of Covid like these become widely documented within the next few years.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Jamie

Ohio
believe it or not, the MRI on my head last week didn't reveal anything "irregular". :D So, I just have simple sensory hearing loss which is worse in my right ear for no apparent reason. I'll be arranging a hearing aid consult for some time as soon as I can when I can walk and drive again in a few weeks. this really sucks, but I have to find some relief as this problem is affecting my ability to communicate with people, especially on the phone, in places with background noise, and people who mumble or have very low or deep voices. when it rains, it pours. fucking deluge here.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Left ear went plugged a couple hours ago, 50% gone and will probably be like that the rest of the evening. Which does nothing but increase the tinnitus.

Reactions: Left field