Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TIC TOC

Big H

Medina
The damn captain we are going with keeps sending me shit like this... Telling me to hurry up and get down there. When he sent this pic yesterday, I asked him if that was a bobber or strike indicator?

Attachments

• Tarpon.jpeg
    Tarpon.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 287

Big H

Medina
Yeah, this has been on my bucket list for quite a while TOO. Knock on wood, we have had two great trips with this Captain, so I am hoping to at least hook a big one. We are staying in Englewood and fishing Boca Grande. I will try and post some pics from my phone, if I can't figure it out, I will text pics to Jesse.

Big H

Medina
No Tarpon, but we literally saw over a thousand! It was crazy! We were in the middle of them for two slid days and we only got 4 bites. They just didn't want to eat. Kristi said it was "like being at the ice cream store and not being allowed to eat any" LOL

Monday we went offshore and caught caught Kingfish, Barracuda, Bonita and Amberjack. Awesome experience! We were using light tackle and had a riot. I had a fish hit my bait and spooled the reel in less than 10 seconds! No idea what it was but there was no turning it and we couldn't get the rods out of the water and get the boat in gear fast enough. 200 yards of braid plus the backing gone! If you are ever in the Englewood, Florida area, I would highly recommend Captain Ryan of Fin Crazy Charters, great guy and he will put you on the fish!

Attachments

• Bonita.jpg
    Bonita.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 244
  • Good Catch.JPEG
    Good Catch.JPEG
    306.2 KB · Views: 251
  • KF and Barracuda.JPG
    KF and Barracuda.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 272