Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thermal

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I bought an ATN Thor 4 and ODIS LT monocular.

Holy cow is this a game changer. I have seen more coyotes in the last week that I did last year. If they hang up inside the tree line they are still visible even if you cant get a shot.

There is a slight learming curve shooting with a thermal scope. At least for me there has been.
Zeroing is tough because heat sources like hand warmers radiate making the viewed target larger than it really is. I found a youtube video on using aluminum foil and white tape. This works really well and I was able to dial my AR much more tighter.

Reactions: Bowhunter57
When I was getting into night hunting, ATN was going through some horrible customer service issues. Plus, their thermal scopes were constantly "crashing" and combined with bad CS issues, made me stay away from them. :rolleyes: I decided to go with Night Vision, instead of thermal and Sightmark as a company choice. Love the Sightmark Wraith, but had to upgrade to a Coyote Sniper 66 LRX for an IR light, which was a huge improvement. Even though it's not thermal, I'm impressed with how much the IR light illuminates....like a million candle power spot light, but it can't be seen.

Should I ever switch to thermal, I may have to give the Thor 4 a serious consideration. 😎

Reactions: Sgt Fury