Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Tale Of The Big Eight...

Fletch

Supporting Member
So last year out in Illinois we had a respectable 8 that we decided to pass on and see what he would turn out to be this year.... He showed up on the farm numerous times last year after the season, so he made it... He didn't show up this year till the first week of Nov... Then we only got 2 pics, both at opposite ends of our farm which is 200 acres... The first 2 days of my hunt this year I saw him twice on the hoof... Both times in the distance... Then he was gone... I left early, but a friend hunted through the first gun season, which ended yesterday... Never saw him and he said shooting was very lite...Here's hoping he makes it... In 2023 he should be a very respectable 8... I would have shot him this year.... First pic is him last Dec. then next two were this year shortly before I got there... Last two pics are not great, but you can see if you look close, he's something we all dream of in an 8....

Attachments

• PXL_20221112_012806882.jpg
    PXL_20221112_012806882.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 106

Fletch

Supporting Member
There is a second gun season comming up.... But with gas prices what they are and this cold burning up the heating oil... I think a 1000 mile trek one way is out...