Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Official Camper and Camping Thread

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I bought a 5th wheel. It’s in Wild Wings and I have no intention of ever pulling it down the road. I looked at the tires just in case and was surprised to find they weren’t dry rotted, at least by appearance. The covers have done their job to this point. I’ve spent a few nights in it, slept like a baby.
Now in order to fit in with the rest of the beer drinking, old men fishermen, I need to get a golf cart. Lol
A336768D-F183-4A9B-8CD3-8A06BD0934B7.jpeg
B278C7FD-9BDB-492B-97FA-E48803724D35.jpeg
0B159EF7-F0AE-43A8-BB6A-E8CFEE8CA9FC.jpeg

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Congrats Brock, enjoy the shit out of it and the boat!

Any water flooding WW's from this N blow? PC and downtown Sandusky are still under water.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
WW was fine when I left yesterday. My daughter and her friend are up there now visiting the islands. She said there was a lot of water in PC but never mentioned any issues at the camp.

Reactions: 5Cent

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Did not atop by but you are the third person to recommend Porkys. Chad said there was nice scenery. A chic at Walmart told me I may find her there dancing on the bar, and you said the food is good. I’ll have to drop in there sometime.
I'll third the recommendation for Porky's. Their food is above-average as far as local bar food goes, and they usually have Truth on tap... which is an obvious bonus.

Wild Wings is a nice place. My dad had a camper and dock there for close to 10 years. The fishing this time of year can sometimes be slightly tougher on the west end, but you can't ask for a better place to stay during the spring jig bite. Let me know next time you're up there and I'll try to stop by for a cold one. Oh, and man that camper looks awesome! Good score.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My boat is in dry dock at WW. I figured the perch bite should be good soon and thanks to Chad I caught walleye right in front of the marina the other day. With the boat sitting on the trailer, it won’t hurt my feelings one bit to drag it to the islands to chase walleye. In my limited experience, I’ve caught them all summer long east of Kelley’s and hope that continues!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My boat is in dry dock at WW. I figured the perch bite should be good soon and thanks to Chad I caught walleye right in front of the marina the other day. With the boat sitting on the trailer, it won’t hurt my feelings one bit to drag it to the islands to chase walleye. In my limited experience, I’ve caught them all summer long east of Kelley’s and hope that continues!
Yep! And usually there's bite somewhere around West Sister, which is only about 9 mi out of WW. Perch around A, B cans, etc. There's always something to catch somewhere! My dad got the walleye quick right out front of Camp Perry a week and a half ago, but that bite died within a couple days. Guys fishing out of Huron are fuggin KILLING them right now. That's an easy ride trailering a boat like yours to Huron from WW.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Well we are all setup for our first night as a family of 5 in a tent lmao! Youngest 2 are out, momma and Ty just hit the hay. Quite the experience for them as the boys have known nothing but a camper. Good for them to feel the 50* nights the next 2 nights and to "rough it" when it comes to toilets, brushing their teeth, etc.

Not gonna lie, weird driving 2 vehicles because we couldn't just load up hitch up and go....cant say that I'm as big of a fan as I am/was when it was just me or me + the Mrs. This will be a few deciding moment for momma. If all goes well she will know we can survive in a tent. If not, I've got some free time again😁